Dolphins trade Jakeem Grant to Bears

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Don't know what the Steelers have to offer but you have to think they would show interest in Watson. Of course his legal issues could scare teams away from making a deal.

Well we know they certainly won't be scared away over alleged sex crimes by a qb 🤔 😳 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

good call… I’d imagine several teams feel they are a Watson away and with his impending legal issues might come at a risk based discount. Philly, Pittsburgh, Giants, WFT, Phins, Atl, Denver, NO, SF… 

I don’t root for this reality because the allegations are serious and paint a picture of vile behavior, but I expect he will settle everything without any formal or criminal charges… 

Really depends.  Not in anyway claiming to have any facts on these allegations, are they a setup, are they a money grab are any of the claims true.  Could be combo of all thee above with 24 seperate charges.  2 charges are only criminal accusations from 2 women who aren't filing monetary lawsuits.  If there is sufficient evidence he may not have the ability to settle those and if found guilty only thing he maybe settling is who gets the top bunk.   

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dolphins picking Tua over Herbert will go down as one of my favorite Dolphin drafts of all time. (Right up there with Chad Henne)

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't forget to give props to trading away Tannehill to Tennesee for a 4th rounder and a 6th/7th swap, only to see Tannehill go to the AFCCG and win "Comeback Player of the Year" in 2019.  Meanwhile spending a 2019 2nd round and 2020 5th for 'right Josh' Rosen then trying to tank with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

I know those aren't drafts, exactly, but the trades involved draft picks and no one could say they got good value there.

They didn't draft him, but they did spend a 2nd round+ to obtain him so I think he ought to be considered.

I feel all tingly inside just thinking about this.

All...just sort of warm and happy.  My toes are even wiggling.  

Ahhhh, yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I feel all tingly inside just thinking about this.

All...just sort of warm and happy.  My toes are even wiggling.  

Ahhhh, yes.

I was going to go with the newly traditional toast of, may their fields lay fallow for a thousand seasons, but in this case, may their aquarium be fouled with oil for as long as they killed us in the 70’s? 🤔 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

Todd hung around for like ten years, sixth over all pick by the Jets. There are certain places that I do not want a QB from, Alabama being one. I also don’t want QB from USC or UCLA. The draft with Darnold and Rosen was killing me.

How pathetic am I, Chris, as I was checking out Todd's stats (because he played during my time) when I was looking up the Bama QBs.

RT was at least reasonable.  still a losing record, but yes a starter and he stuck around for a bit.

58 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I was going to go with the newly traditional toast of, may their fields lay fallow for a thousand seasons, but in this case, may their aquarium be fouled with oil for as long as they killed us in the 70’s? 🤔 

HUDS, fly on up and we will crack up a six pack of Schadenfreude on them and do a toast!

Additionally, even though I am a died in the wool (not a typo!  😂) Bills fan I want them to win the Super Bowl to finally and completely bury the "not drafting Mahomes" thing!

It is stupid...STUPID that it does not come up more with them. It is referenced as an after thought.

...The Phish...they aren't going to be as lucky with Tua as we are with Josh!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I was hoping we'd find a way to get him - very good returner.  I like him more than McKenzie.

He is a good returner.  In the Dolphins-Bengals game last year, he was wiped out fair catching a punt by the gunner for Cinci.  Started quite the brawl on the field if any of you remember.

5 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Miami took advantage of a vulnerable adult (Bill O'Brien)

This made me LOL.  Good ol’ Ass-Chin made some of the worst personnel moves the NFL has ever seen.  He made Marv Levy look like a competent GM.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dolphins picking Tua over Herbert will go down as one of my favorite Dolphin drafts of all time. (Right up there with Chad Henne)

Jake Long over Matt Ryan as well.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What Now are they going to put the under performing Waddle at returns to try and get some value from the worst of the two Alabama WRs in the draft last year?  

How has Waddle been underwhelming?

Not saying he's good yet, but he's doing alright considering the dumpster fire at QB and O line.

I can't see any receiver succeeding in that system.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Took way to long for me to give this a trophy.

1 hour ago, eball said:

This made me LOL.  Good ol’ Ass-Chin made some of the worst personnel moves the NFL has ever seen.  He made Marv Levy look like a competent GM.

As I live and breathe, at that moment, I thought Ngata was going to be a Bill.

I mean…it just made too much sense, didn’t it?

Really?

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I thought the Dolphins would be a serious contender this year but looks like Brian Flores is on his well on his way to being another failed experiment from the Belichik coaching tree.

I guess they could still trade for Watson out of desperation but that would be a move for the future (and next head coach) since it's highy unlikely they are going to dig out of their current 1-3 (soon to be 1-4) hole this season.

Wait...you thought Tua could play sustained winning football in this league?