Dolphins trade Jakeem Grant to Bears

YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Don't know what the Steelers have to offer but you have to think they would show interest in Watson. Of course his legal issues could scare teams away from making a deal.

good call… I’d imagine several teams feel they are a Watson away and with his impending legal issues might come at a risk based discount. Philly, Pittsburgh, Giants, WFT, Phins, Atl, Denver, NO, SF… 

I don’t root for this reality because the allegations are serious and paint a picture of vile behavior, but I expect he will settle everything without any formal or criminal charges… 

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Collinsworth the other night legit tried to make it sound like Mac Jones was the beneficiary of "Quarterback U" type NFL prep coaching under Saban at Alabammie--like they're known for being some kind of a QB factory?? :doh:

(AJ McCarron sheepishly raises his hand when asked who'd been released from the Bills to make room for Peterman in the QB room) :w00t:

After getting injured then looking like 💩 all preseason, he was traded to the Raida's for a 5th... furthering Beane's reputation as a Wizard after he had traded Taylor to the Browns for a 3rd just a few months prior to that.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Don't know what the Steelers have to offer but you have to think they would show interest in Watson. Of course his legal issues could scare teams away from making a deal.

No worries. Rapesthlisberger provided the Steelers the practice they need in managing such issues.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I thought the Dolphins would be a serious contender this year but looks like Brian Flores is on his well on his way to being another failed experiment from the Belichik coaching tree.

I guess they could still trade for Watson out of desperation but that would be a move for the future (and next head coach) since it's highy unlikely they are going to dig out of their current 1-3 (soon to be 1-4) hole this season.

It was just a couple of years ago that the Dolphins were the worst team in the league.  Then Flores rah-rah'd them up and convinced them they could beat anyone, and they turned it around, not with better players but by playing better.  They were the odd man out of the playoffs last year, with the same record as teams that made it.  But their last game was a complete thrashing by the Bills, and that seems to have taken away most of their juju.  Even with Tua to start their game with us this year, they weren't playing as well as they did last year.  And when Tua went out so did the rest of the juju.  They're now losing the close games that they would have won last year.  This is what bad teams do and as a Bills fan I recognize the syndrome.  

It's like they got somewhat better, stuck their head up and saw what it takes to be a good team, and then laid back down in a wagon wheel rut so all the other teams could roll over them.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

good point. Steelers appear to not care about off field legal issues related to assault of women. At least in Big Ben case. And Watson's charges are not as severe as Ben's.

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I thought the Dolphins would be a serious contender this year but looks like Brian Flores is on his well on his way to being another failed experiment from the Belichik coaching tree.

I guess they could still trade for Watson out of desperation but that would be a move for the future (and next head coach) since it's highy unlikely they are going to dig out of their current 1-3 (soon to be 1-4) hole this season.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Fins are in last place after next weeks games. Pats will probably beat the Texans. I could see the Jets beating the Falcons in London. 9:30 AM start local time. Football in the morning, afternoon, and evening this Sunday.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

How dare you, Sir, besmirch the good name of all the recent successful Alabama QBs in the NFL.

Men like Bart Starr, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler...

Ken Stabler...

...hey, when did Ken Stabler retire again?

You forgot Richard Todd…oh wait

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

Maybe there going to start to stock picks to pull off a watson trade?

What do they even surround Watson with, should they trade for him at some point?  

That team is a dumpster fire that goes way beyond QB. 

They've missed on so many draft picks, and will have to give up most of their high picks in a Watson trade anyway.

Watson's salary jump begins next year, so they have to account for that when seeing what money they have in Free Agency, and to re-sign a guy like Gesicki.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dolphins picking Tua over Herbert will go down as one of my favorite Dolphin drafts of all time. (Right up there with Chad Henne)

Agreed, the Austin Jackson and Noah Igbinoghene picks as well...Miami took advantage of a vulnerable adult (Bill O'Brien) for one of the most lopsided trades in league history and got way more draft capital back for Tunsil than they should have. They should have the beginning stages of a dynasty right now with all that young cheap talent, but they seem like they're wasting that chance so far. You love to see it. 

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

it's more than that. The whole organization needs a complete overhaul. 

True enough, but let’s all hope that their owner continues the current path, 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

You forgot Richard Todd…oh wait

I swear, Chris, I was going to make a Richard Todd reference.  Honestly is the last guy who really did anything, albeit it wasn't much, but it was something.  

I decided to go with how long it had really been since there was a last good one.

Honestly, isn't it a joke?  Stop with these guys under center from the Tide.  just stop it.  

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Fins are in last place after next weeks games. Pats will probably beat the Texans. I could see the Jets beating the Falcons in London. 9:30 AM start local time. Football in the morning, afternoon, and evening this Sunday.

Pretty much because I don't see them having any chance of winning in TB against Brady and the Bucs even though they haven't look that great lately either.

Both Jets and Pats seem to be trending in right direction but neither likely a threat to the Bills this season anyway.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Dolphins were always overrated. They finished 10-6 partially because of Fitz being the gunslinger he always was, good defense against bad teams, and playing an incredibly soft schedule last year. Didn’t really improve, same average QB play and a much tougher schedule 

41 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agreed, the Austin Jackson and Noah Igbinoghene picks as well...Miami took advantage of a vulnerable adult (Bill O'Brien) for one of the most lopsided trades in league history and got way more draft capital back for Tunsil than they should have. They should have the beginning stages of a dynasty right now with all that young cheap talent, but they seem like they're wasting that chance so far. You love to see it. 

Right? They could have made the 90's Cowboy teams and instead they get blown out by division opponents 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Dolphins were always overrated. They finished 10-6 partially because of Fitz being the gunslinger he always was, good defense against bad teams, and playing an incredibly soft schedule last year. Didn’t really improve, same average QB play and a much tougher schedule 

They did add some decent talent this year, Waddle is going to be a stud once Miami has a real QB and they have some great defensive players that seem to look like all pro's at times (when they aren't playing the Bills of course).

But yeah at this point until the solve the QB puzzle can't see them going anywhere and still don't believe Tua will change much if/when he starts again this year.

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I swear, Chris, I was going to make a Richard Todd reference.  Honestly is the last guy who really did anything, albeit it wasn't much, but it was something.  

I decided to go with how long it had really been since there was a last good one.

Honestly, isn't it a joke?  Stop with these guys under center from the Tide.  just stop it.  

Todd hung around for like ten years, sixth over all pick by the Jets. There are certain places that I do not want a QB from, Alabama being one. I also don’t want QB from USC or UCLA. The draft with Darnold and Rosen was killing me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1