Bills number 1 in espn power rankings...wait what?

Hebert19

Vegas odds makers have us underdogs against KC. Let's see if our off season moves and game plan make enough of a difference to beat the odds. From my perspective, I want to see if our Oline can consistently block Jones and Clark, and our "D" not let Hill and Kelsey eat us alive.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would only be concerned if we lose to the Titans.  They are looking like a 8-9 win team.  This is a team you beat, especially with our passing offense and their nonexistent pass rush.  We should put up 30+ against them.

i hope this team would go into this game angry after last year.  

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

If they lose both of these games, I still see them getting to 12-5 and a division championship with relative ease. They play a lot of bad teams plus some OK teams at home in Orchard Park. 

exactly.  after looking at the schedule, these to games are the hardest stretch...and it's only two games.

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Pretty sure the reporters that come up with these meaningless ranks just look for ways to have as many teams as possible be #1 for a week.

1-KC

2-AZ

3-LA rams
4-Bills

^Realistic ranks

Eh Bills ahead of Rams, but agree. 

2 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Wasn't it Bill Parcells who said "You are what your record says you are" when it comes to rankings. From that perspective, I would say that Arizona should be #1. I could make a case for the Bills being #2 though.

i don’t think this applies to power rankings— otherwise, you just would rank teams by their records and it would be no fun! 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The main takeaway is they’ve destroyed some really bad to mediocre teams with back up QBs…. If they beat the Chiefs and Titans they absolutely deserve to be considered the best team in the league.

So you are saying they don’t deserve to be considered the top team at this point in the season until they beat a couple 2-2 teams?  Or are you suggesting they can’t be considered better than the chiefs because of losing to them last year?  

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

So you are saying they don’t deserve to be considered the top team at this point in the season until they beat a couple 2-2 teams?  Or are you suggesting they can’t be considered better than the chiefs because of losing to them last year?  

Please don’t poke the bear.

I think we have a sign here somewhere..😳

• Haha (+1) 1

Power Rankings are for the fans. Us. They mean nothing some may say but to me they do mean something... Respect.. Someone out does these things and see that we have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. Some outside us Bills fans see Josh Allen slowly becoming the best in the business. So to the game this means 0, noda, nothing... but to us Bills fans it mean's a lot.

We lost those KC games for many reasons last year. Most of those reasons have been fixed or healthy this year.. If KC thinks they are going stroll into their house and us look like last year then KC will be in trouble from moment one. All that being said I am a prove it type of guy and till we drop KC to there knees then I personally do not look at us as #! in AFC. 

Thats just me though 

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Eh Bills ahead of Rams, but agree. 

I'd be on board with that, such a small sample size and power rankings seem to be overreacting to the most recent single game, more this year than years past IMO

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The main takeaway is they’ve destroyed some really bad to mediocre teams with back up QBs…. If they beat the Chiefs and Titans they absolutely deserve to be considered the best team in the league.

This is the same crap we heard last season and they ended up in the AFCCG.

They can't control their schedule.  They're beating up teams they should beat up.  Pitching two shutouts in four weeks is unheard of.  I don't care how crappy the opponent is ... holding two teams to zero points is incredible.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Power rankings in the NFL are just good fun. Loving the Bills getting the attention but I think right now the Bills are going to see exactly how good they are against KC.

Basically.

The best time to be #1 on power rankings is when you are 0-0 which would/should mean you won the Super Bowl the prior year. 

I honestly don't care much about power rankings but surprised the Cardinals aren't number 1 since they are 4-0 and have impressive road wins at TEN and LAR.

This is exactly the type of hype that worries me because the Chiefs made a point of talking about how they were sick and tired of hearing about the Bills last year after they smashed us in the AFC Championship and everyone questioned their defense who finally played their best game of the season when it mattered when they were barely getting by most teams in previous weeks.

Sound familar? Obviously this game weeks game isn't likely going to determine who gets to the SB in the AFC quite yet but guarantee the Chiefs will be motivated on national TV to send a message on both sides of the ball and prove they are still better top to bottom compared to the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.