The Bills are 3 - 0 with Star plaiyng any thoughts

Jim Steele

Star has been abused by a vocal few here on this forum, the D line has always been better with him than without him, and now with a year to heal and recuperate he is all the better, frankly Other long term vets would likely benefit from a recuperation year, performance wise, provided they actually kept up their overall fitness and diet regime. 
I’m happy to see him playing well, and benefiting the team. 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 2

Having a guy over center who can drive his guy to Mahomes chest is big.  The edge rushers have to take better angles.  Running past Mahomes is the same as Allen.  Rousseasu, Basham, Obada are all on the roster for this game.  I expect Zimmer as a scratch and Obada dresses.  

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Having a guy over center who can drive his guy to Mahomes chest is big.  The edge rushers have to take better angles.  Running past Mahomes is the same as Allen.  Rousseasu, Basham, Obada are all on the roster for this game.  I expect Zimmer as a scratch and Obada dresses.  

If he is healthy.  Otherwise Zimmer is a playmaker to have available.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Why?  (Zimmer as a scratch vs Obada)

I like the potential of Obada, but they play different positions DE/Switch vs 1TDT.

Zimmer has 2 QB hits, a sack, a TFL, and 5 combined solo and assist tackles, which is relatively impactful for a DT.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mat68 said:

JAG Harry should take a seat before Zim.

13 hours ago, Mat68 said:

This potentially could end up well for us. Of the Bills do play several back and internal push, Mahomes has a tendency to keep going back to make something happen, and our younger guys have the stamina to collapse on him.  This is a critical component to tomorrow night.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why?  (Zimmer as a scratch vs Obada)

I like the potential of Obada, but they play different positions DE/Switch vs 1TDT.

Zimmer has 2 QB hits, a sack, a TFL, and 5 combined solo and assist tackles, which is relatively impactful for a DT.

Zimmer is a 3 Tech.  I like Obadas size and length vs Mahomes.  Maybe tip an pass or 2.  Having length when he steps up and out of the pocket will add an element Buffalo didnt have last year.  

9 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Zimmer is a 3 Tech.  I like Obadas size and length vs Mahomes.  Maybe tip an pass or 2.  Having length when he steps up and out of the pocket will add an element Buffalo didnt have last year.  

That was my belief going into the season but BIF, Bills have him listed as a 1TDT with Star and Phillips

image.thumb.png.8b443a2b1cca3ed3604f46900e0609d5.png

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was my belief going into the season but BIF, Bills have him listed as a 1TDT with Star and Phillips

image.thumb.png.8b443a2b1cca3ed3604f46900e0609d5.png

Either way.  I want Obada rushing Mahomes not Zimmer.  My understanding in camp he lined up alot inside.  This is the game you do it.  More big, long, athletic dudes the better.  

Lotulelei has played better this season for the Bills than he has in years, IMO.  Still, there is nothing magical about Lotulelei as it relates to the Bills' 3 wins this season.  He's one factor in an improved defense.  It also helps that Buffalo's schedule has not exactly been rugged so far.   Let's see how we all feel on Monday, after the KC game.  Yes, I have the Bills picked to win.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:56 PM, HappyDays said:

Oliver has weirdly become a really good run defender, but just an okay pass defender. That is not the player we thought we drafted. Our defense has quietly become an elite run stopping unit after being repeatedly gashed last year. Star is a big reason why, but Oliver holding the middle and Rousseau setting the edge have also contributed. Pass rush has been just okay this year IMO but the back 7 has had elite coverage. Star has arguably been our best pass rusher - a 31 year old 1-tech after taking a year off. Just as everyone predicted.

You totally neglect the fact that both starting LB's were injured very early in the 2020 season and weren't back to health until the second half.    That was the biggest issue they had in run defense last season.   Their front 4 is definitely looking *better* at getting into the backfield in 2021 and they are making more stops in the run game than the 2020 DL........but the story on defense this season has been the play of the LB corps.   Milano playing at an All Pro level and Edmunds just had a great game.....and every time Klein comes into games he makes plays.   In the second half of last year the schedule softened up,  Milano and Edmunds got healthy and the defense started playing at a similarly high level and raking in turnovers.    Very similar to their start against 4 badly QB'd teams this year.    They are definitely improved but how much they are improved we will find out based on how they hold up against some good offenses.   They aren't suddenly the legion of boom out there........they still miss a sh*tload of tackles and have had issues getting to the QB rushing just 4.   Tomorrow is the first real test.     

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.