The Bills are 3 - 0 with Star plaiyng any thoughts

Jim Steele

Hopefully Star is healthy for the Chiefs game. He’s going to be the X-factor for the defense. Him pushing the pocket from the interior is gonna make life a living hell for Mahomes. Mahomes won’t be able to escape because Groot, Epenesa, Hughes are gonna be bending those corners. Frazier just can’t allow his DBs to play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Play press coverage with help on Hill. I believe the front four will have a helluva game this Sunday night

We just played three straight games against QBs who should be nowhere near a starting lineup.   That's my thought.  

I hope not, but a good chance this board will be pissing all over itself next Monday morning (and not bc Star was in the lineup or not).    Not seeing the Bills with any more answers to the Chiefs than they had 9 months ago.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Most people, myself included have assumed due to his contract, Star would be back this season, but in the next off season can dump him as cap hit is not too bad.  But after seeing the difference this year in the line play and no apparent replacement on the roster, I wonder if they will keep him another season and maybe then draft a true replacement for him.

They could sign a top FA replacement, but then you'd be paying the FA plus the cap hit for Star so keeping him one more season might be better.  The only exception could be if Harry really stepped up and shows he can replace him with little loss.  But if not may be best to keep him  around and draft a replacement in 2nd or 3rd round and have him then take over in 2023.

His contract is set up where the Bills will likely keep him next season too.  He has $6.75M in new money, but $2.5M of that is guaranteed.  It’s not an absolute given but it’s very probable that for a difference of $4.25M they’ll keep him here in 2022. 

• Agree 1

On 10/4/2021 at 5:50 PM, Nextmanup said:

We are also 3-0 since I started shaving my nut sack.

I think that's where the winning is coming from.

Pics as proof, please.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:54 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Hopefully Star is healthy for the Chiefs game. He’s going to be the X-factor for the defense. Him pushing the pocket from the interior is gonna make life a living hell for Mahomes. Mahomes won’t be able to escape because Groot, Epenesa, Hughes are gonna be bending those corners. Frazier just can’t allow his DBs to play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Play press coverage with help on Hill. I believe the front four will have a helluva game this Sunday night

🤞

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/4/2021 at 12:40 PM, RyanC883 said:

is it Star?  Is it Oliver playing better because Oliver looks a bit bigger and is winning his one on ones that he was not last year?  The DL also looked great yesterday when Star rotated out.  I'd say it's an overall improved group.  We don't have any real pro-bowl caliber players on the DL right now, but the group overall is solid.  That's the difference between now and last year, IMO. 

Oliver and his 1 pressure? Four games in and he's not benefiting from Star like we hoped. I would say everyone on our DLine improved except him.

• Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

He's playing with more power, drive and energy. He has 2 sacks already, equal last year's total. If he continues playing like this they will be hard to beat.

Hey I'm a proponent for Star, but to be fair his first sack was credited to him for being closest to the QB when he ran out of bounds for a loss, and the second was Houston...

10 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Oliver and his 1 pressure? Four games in and he's not benefiting from Star like we hoped. I would say everyone on our DLine improved except him.

Oliver is playing well imo. He is winning his battles.

Star is playing well.

They are the #1 defense so far 

Just now, Turk71 said:

Oliver is playing well imo. He is winning his battles.

Star is playing well.

They are the #1 defense so far 

I get that but Ed is underperforming for a first round pick. He literally only has one QB pressure all year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.