The Bills are 3 - 0 with Star plaiyng any thoughts

Jim Steele

Most people, myself included have assumed due to his contract, Star would be back this season, but in the next off season can dump him as cap hit is not too bad.  But after seeing the difference this year in the line play and no apparent replacement on the roster, I wonder if they will keep him another season and maybe then draft a true replacement for him.

They could sign a top FA replacement, but then you'd be paying the FA plus the cap hit for Star so keeping him one more season might be better.  The only exception could be if Harry really stepped up and shows he can replace him with little loss.  But if not may be best to keep him  around and draft a replacement in 2nd or 3rd round and have him then take over in 2023.

It's pretty obvious that Star makes a serious impact, even if not on the stat sheet.

Our defense was a top unit. He then opted out in 2020, and our defense promptly showed how average it was (or below average in run defense). Now he's back, and suddenly the D can stop the run & pressure the QB again. 

He's not some dominant Aaron Donald force, but he's a stabilizing presence that anchors the line, allowing the rest of the D to fall into place. 

• Agree 1

My friend told me a story of riding through the dairy farm lands of New York that during a conversation with a car-mate it was referenced that when you travel on these roads and see all the cows standing up it means the weather was going to be clear.  That you were in for a nice afternoon.  However, if you are traveling on these country roads and come across the cows laying down in the pasture then be weary as you will be in for some nasty weather.

Someone in the car ventured to ask the question, "What if some of the cows are lying down and some of the cows are standing up?"

Wherein the one offering the sage advice quickly stated, "Some of the cows are wrong."

...some of you around here truly and extendedly were wrong in wanting to get rid of Star.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Star is a good player. Has been the whole time. 

not sure he would’ve moved the needle on that Pittsburgh turd though

Not too sure about that. The D line got pretty close several times  getting to BIG Ben. Maybe Star's presence might have occupied another blocker allowing better pressure and possible sacks they missed out on. 

Maybe....

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My friend told me a story of riding through the dairy farm lands of New York that during a conversation with a car-mate it was referenced that when you travel on these roads and see all the cows standing up it means the weather was going to be clear.  That you were in for a nice afternoon.  However, if you are traveling on these country roads and come across the cows laying down in the pasture then be weary as you will be in for some nasty weather.

Someone in the car ventured to ask the question, "What if some of the cows are lying down and some of the cows are standing up?"

Wherein the one offering the sage advice quickly stated, "Some of the cows are wrong."

...some of you around here truly and extendedly were wrong in wanting to get rid of Star.

Or they are just trolling gullible humans . . . 

28 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Not too sure about that. The D line got pretty close several times  getting to BIG Ben. Maybe Star's presence might have occupied another blocker allowing better pressure and possible sacks they missed out on. 

Maybe....

The defense held them to 1 TD and a few field goals. I put this one on offense and STs…

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.