Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

For me... one of the keys to winning is Allen.  Not his overall game, because his overall game is awesome.  But it comes down to 1 to 2, maybe 3 throws.   It seems most games, he has a wide open receiver and misfires badly and missed a big completion.  

When playing teams like the Texans and Dolphins, you can miss those and keep right on chugging.  But against the better teams.... you really need to hit those. They’re the difference makers.    

Hopefully Josh is dialed in and nails those couple of big throws. If so, I think we win easily.  If not, it’s gonna be a dogfight. 

My game plan, similar to others, is to start the 1st quarter with a lot of runs and screens to slow the chiefs down.  Settle Josh down, get him in a rhythm, then open it up as needed.   And for the love of god, remember that they have a TE! He’s pretty good!  Don’t let him run around unchecked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here's a question. If the Bills win the coin toss do you want them to receive or not? Chance to go up 7-0 but at the same time if the Bills D can stop them then its still a chance to grab the lead early and get the ball to start the 2nd half. Of course the risk is falling behind early if they defer.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Here's a question. If the Bills win the coin toss do you want them to receive or not? Chance to go up 7-0 but at the same time if the Bills D can stop them then its still a chance to grab the lead early and get the ball to start the 2nd half. Of course the risk is falling behind early if they defer.

Unless there’s a weather concern.. I say always defer.  Best chance to give you back to back possessions.. 1 to end the half and then to start the 3rd quarter. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Defer every time.  Win the middle 8.  Covert Tds not fgs in the redzone.  Buffalo does that they win.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I would always defer no matter what.

Even if the Chiefs get the ball and go right down the field and score it's no secret we need to score a lot to have a chance to win this game but having the ball to start the 2nd half is critical especially since KC has been known to double dip and score at the end of the half and start of 3rd quarter if they win coin toss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, nucci said:

He also does the same with Allen

Love him or hate him he is the color commentator on the biggest weekly national game in the NFL.

His job is to praise the premier players and teams in the league.

I laugh about him being the Head Cheerleader of the NFL but that is what he is.

14 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Defer every time.  Win the middle 8.  Covert Tds not fgs in the redzone.  Buffalo does that they win.  

Interestingly enough, KCs defense has given up tds on 79% of opposing teams red zone visits. Let's bump that number a little higher. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I've always been hardcore about receiving the ball to start the 2nd half. And still am.

BUT... against KC I think there is the potential for the psychological effect of going down early. Consciously or unconsciously. But since this can't be proved and is just a feeling, I really won't care either way when it comes down to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I can tell that by the pass attempts

?  That doesnt help.  You think Detroit wants to be a passing team?  You would think with the number of pass attempts from Goff (5th) the would want to be.  But then you look at their weapons and this stat (they are 30th) and you see they want to run the ball.  They have to pass cause they are behind so much which is why pass attempts is not a good stat for that.

Edited by YattaOkasan

Are we taking for granted just how tough a venue Arrowhead is to play in? Has been since it was opened. Especially in prime time, nationally televised games. We’ve gone in there with better Bills teams playing lesser KC teams during the glory years and got our assess handed to us. History, while having no relevance to this game, is not kind when it comes to playing at Arrowhead. 

Hoping like hell for a win, but I’ll be shocked if we do. That said, the over reaction by national media and fans to a loss to KC  will be nearly insufferable. Just as it was when our SB team got blown out in KC, an October loss at Arrowhead will hardly be the defining moment of the season. 

I hope we can keep that in perspective. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Are we taking for granted just how tough a venue Arrowhead is to play in? Has been since it was opened. Especially in prime time, nationally televised games. We’ve gone in there with better Bills teams playing lesser KC teams during the glory years and got our assess handed to us. History, while having no relevance to this game, is not kind when it comes to playing at Arrowhead. 

Hoping like hell for a win, but I’ll be shocked if we do. That said, the over reaction by national media and fans to a loss to KC  will be nearly insufferable. Just as it was when our SB team got blown out in KC, an October loss at Arrowhead will hardly be the defining moment of the season. 

I hope we can keep that in perspective. 

Black Widow Avengers GIF

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Defer, always

2 hours ago, nucci said:

they do that by winning. Losing would show they're not there yet. I find it interesting some are ok with losing this game. 

I don't think you understand the post. No one is saying it's okay if the Bills lose. But if they're going to lose, do it in a shootout where we prove we can hang with them. If we lose the game with another underwhelming offensive showing it is going to be hard for me to care about the rest of the season. I already know we will win a lot of games and make the playoffs. I want to know that we can score on the Chiefs and at least make it a 50/50 game. If we do that, win or lose we are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. If not we're a dark horse.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.