Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

I don't BILLeve this team is taking anyone lightly. They know what this game s means to them...GO BIlls.

Why would they, especially KC, but this game is big for both teams as KC is 2-2 and they're defense has stopped no one.

Add to that they're at home and frankly haven't played a good game yet.

I understand that Mahomes is the darling of the NFL, but he and Rodgers are the most smug, arrogant looking players in the league and I love to watch that look wiped off their faces. Hit him and hit em hard. And, if he tries some no look or shovel pass crap, hit him harder next time.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

You definitely can’t expect that, but the Bills will need a takeaway or two if they want to leave Arrowhead with a win. 

Not so much a turnover, but the Bills need to have their punter take a seat for the day or, at least, when the game is decided. 

Unless this Bills team is just some kinda unstoppable juggernaut with an inexplicable loss to Pittsburgh.............

you have to go into KC with the expectation to just simply outscore them. 

In reality, the Bills should hang up another 40 burger at the expense of this porous KC D, but it's Sunday Night at Arrowhead against a team that owned them last year, so who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't want to be a homer, but I see us coming into this game like a house on fire. I think this may be the best Bills team to face the Chiefs in awhile. I see a motivated football team taking this one by the horns.

My biggest concern is Milano's injury. But guys like Taron Johnson can pick up the slack covering Kelce, and its good to know the team has played w/o Milano recently even if it was not our best. 

I highly respect this Chiefs team, but i think 3rd times the charm. 

no worries on the homerism we all are homers or wouldnt be on this site 🙂 I like your optimism Bills will need to be on their game and sic em on Mahomes put him on his back. Put the ball in the hands of our offense. I like our chances.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Defense will do what it can but it's not shutting down their offense.  Our O needs to keep pace.  They were bad both games last season.  Also why do we play them in their building in back to back years?

The Bills played them twice last year. Once at home and once on the road.

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Defense will do what it can but it's not shutting down their offense.  Our O needs to keep pace.  They were bad both games last season.  Also why do we play them in their building in back to back years?

They played in buffalo in regular season last year. They had better record in regular season so they were higher seed and we played there in playoffs

51 minutes ago, Process said:

The Chiefs scored 42 points. Hill had 180 yards and 3 TDs.

Yeah but I think all but one Hill connection (the last one) were underneath (for YAC agreed) and not over the top for huge yardage through the air (I was back and forth with Bills game). You are not likely to shut Hill down completely but maybe you can better bend and not break. Taking away the big quick gamebreaking plays is one key. I haven't checked the stat-line but I think the Eagles seemed to contain Kelce better than most teams do. And PM seems to have developed a bit of a penchant for making bad decisions. When the game was still up for grabs he threw a terrible pick when targeting Kelce. Eagles had 3 TDs called back. The game was surprisingly competitive. Hurts was a handful for that D. Allen and the Bills O will be a lot tougher. Hopefully Daboll has learned his lesson and comes with a good gameplan, playcalls and the right adjustments if needed. Do that and they will put up lots of production and points. 

Chiefs have been better than us but the gap is definitely narrowing. If the D has a good day, I'm pretty confident we win.

We scored 40 points last week while not playing nearly to our potential on O.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I understand that Mahomes is the darling of the NFL, but he and Rodgers are the most smug, arrogant looking players in the league and I love to watch that look wiped off their faces. Hit him and hit em hard. And, if he tries some no look or shovel pass crap, hit him harder next time.

When Mahomes is not looking, hit him with a shovel.  Hard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

I don't BILLeve this team is taking anyone lightly. They know what this game s means to them...GO BIlls.

Likewise, KC knows this game is a big deal. They will come out swinging as well. It's going to be an epic game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Titans however are another story. It seems like every time the Bills play them (at least the past few years) its always at their place.

That is because of the road trip. Such a great city to travel to and we take over the town. My wife and I went there for the game in 2019 and I remember walking down the street on Saturday morning and saying “go Bills!” repeatedly for about an hour. I finally got tired of it and just started nodding my head, which seem to be the practice of most people by that time. The stadium was 70% Bills fans.

Did you really have to tell us that this isn't a trap game?  I think we understand the definition.

This is the biggest statement win in McDermott's era if we can pull this off.  I can't imagine how I will be feeling if we win convincingly.

However since they've had our number the last two times....I'm very nervous about this game.  This is a real test and I will feel bummed if we fail it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We will NEED a strong front 4 presence to win.  Dline needs to get pressure and allow Edmunds and milano to drop back.

You can tell Mills and Heinicke were struggling with the coverage they say when we played them.  Force Mahomes to go to his 3rd or 4th read and let Pringle get 15 targets for all I care.  We simply cannot let big plays run the game, and we need to create a stout front 4 presence early on.

Our offense will score points.  I'm expecting 28+ against the Chiefs D (which is not playing well at all).  Our D will decide the game IMO

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.