What was up with Beasley today?

Just now, BuffBillsForLife said:

After Beasley started going off on social media over the summer I didn't even think he'd be on the team this year.  The dude can ball but what an absolute head case.  Doesn't he know he's only contributing to the "WRs are divas" stereotype???

McD did have to “talk to him” once during the summer. I cannot see him being too happy about having to address it again. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

These tweets might actually be the best thing for him financially. He's nearing the end of his playing career - the Bills would save save $4.5 million cutting him next year & that's including his cap hit. 

Not sure of that.  Spotrac has $6.1M is cap savings.

General impression with this whole mess is Cole needs to chill and chill now.  If he can't be adult enough to stay off the Twitter then

a trade or cut will just have to happen before next season.

I love Cole on the team and at home I yell C-O-L-E! when he makes a catch.  I don't care about his vax state but he is getting paranoid

over this stuff.  

During the game I thought at first McDermott was yelling at Cole and then I said "no, he's yelling about the flag and play".

Feliciano needs to stay out of this too.  If he can't control himself he's not part of the "process".  He is not helping anyone with his comments.

That's $3.75M in savings if he can't.

Sign Taron Johnson with the money if they can't control themselves!  I'm starting to dig in with my opinion on this situation!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He should understand that it's the fans' choice whether to boo or not, and they did their research and this is the personal decision they are going with.

Funny how fans don't want athletes to bring politics into sports, ie:kneeling, social media posts, etc. 

But it's OK for fans to shout political comments to athletes during games or in parking lot after game?

Seems a bit hypocritical.  

This isn't directed at you, just a general response. 

I don't get worked up about anyone's beliefs, to each their own. 

But I do think it's wrong for anyone to come to a sporting event and try to stir things up, ie: booing our own players, comments to agitate, etc.  Support our team, or keep your mouth shut is what I do.  I come on here to complain, not at the games.  

But I guess some feel the need to go the extra mile

36 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Fans line One Bills Drive at the end of the game and try to get autographs and player memorabilia.  There was a video of Josh giving a kid his hat or something on his drive out after the WFT.  The assumption I make is that Cole stopped along that stretch of road to sign and then got the harassing comments. 

Why is an unvaxxed player stopping to give autographs?  I imagine that's against league protocols.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Addressed it. And not Biased but thanks for your assumption. Seeing it live looked a lot different. Seeing the clip now I said I was wrong.  Care to explain my Bias?

If you don't have a bias, then that's great.  

I'm just going off your prior posts, and this one, which seems you are emotional about this topic and have a strong stance/opinion on it.  

You were very confident that Coach was chewing out Beas and repeated it several times.  At no point did you offer up or say, I'm just observing and I may be wrong, or it seemed like coach was....

You seemed sure of yourself and your opinion throughout this thread, so hence why I thought you have a bias.  But I'm very glad that you don't and are able to see that the original reason this thread was created has gone off the rails and into personal opinion about his Twitter feed

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

If you don't have a bias, then that's great.  

I'm just going off your prior posts, and this one, which seems you are emotional about this topic and have a strong stance/opinion on it.  

You were very confident that Coach was chewing out Beas and repeated it several times.  At no point did you offer up or say, I'm just observing and I may be wrong, or it seemed like coach was....

You seemed sure of yourself and your opinion throughout this thread, so hence why I thought you have a bias.  But I'm very glad that you don't and are able to see that the original reason this thread was created has gone off the rails and into personal opinion about his Twitter feed

I am. I don’t think highly of a player putting an entire fan base on blast because of a allegedly boos or crap talking on the sideline. Specially not a Old WR who did this exact same thing in his last stop because of his perceived slights made to him. 

yep because of the view I had at the time and what I saw I was confident. Then a clip was presented that showed I was wrong and I admitted it. Maybe more should try that 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I have it on good authority that he is single-handedly responsible for deaths in the millions. He will be meeting with President Joe Biden soon via Skype. He needs to address some severe issues.

I thought this thread was about Bees being pissed at the entire Bills fan base, because he heard some booing. When did all this vax stuff get blown up? Do you think Beasly is right to call out the entire Bills fan base? THAT;S the topic. I think some are just  looking to get the topic shut down.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I thought this thread was about Bees being pissed at the entire Bills fan base, because he heard some booing. When did all this vax stuff get blown up? Do you think Beasly is right to call out the entire Bills fan base? THAT;S the topic. I think some are just  looking to get the topic shut down.

Really hope you're not that naive?  It's his stoopid proclamations and comments on covid that are getting him booed.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Really hope you're not that naive?  It's his stoopid proclamations and comments on covid that are getting him booed.

But is he REALLY getting booed by a large number of fans, or just a few? And is the best response for him to tweet insults at the fan base? We can deal with this issue without getting into the vax issue. In fact, most of us are doing just that. But you have  to have some self control.,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Thank you, I misinterpreted that they'd be on the hook for $1.5 million, but he has no guaranteed money next year. Appreciate the correction.

There is $1.5M in guarantees that would be dead money.  His cap hit next year is $7.6M

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-10318/

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am. I don’t think highly of a player putting an entire fan base on blast because of a allegedly boos or crap talking on the sideline. Specially not a Old WR who did this exact same thing in his last stop because of his perceived slights made to him. 

yep because of the view I had at the time and what I saw I was confident. Then a clip was presented that showed I was wrong and I admitted it. Maybe more should try that 

You're letting perception/opinion, become facts and confidence based on your own admitted dislike of the player.  that's the issue.

I'm not trying to get you to admit your wrong or right.  But you're doing the same thing over and over, turning opinion into factual or bold statements...

1. Coach yelling at Beas: we've already covered this.

2. Now again with Beas calling out an entire fanbase, or putting them on blast as you said.  How?  I don't feel called out.  Another bold statement made with utmost confidence and soreness. 

He called out those fans heckling/booing him. What Bills Fan goes to a game to boo our own players, anyway?  Especially over their beliefs/views,  Albeit views I don't agree with, but come on now.   

Again. you dislike the player because of his social media comments/views, great.  But when you start to twist what's happening, that's what I'm calling out (see above examples).

• Like (+1) 3