What was up with Beasley today?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I like my Players that are men of their words.  

As juvenile as that tweet is, it would not be nearly as laughable if it was followed up by another one where he’s whining about being booed.  “I don’t care what you think of me!  I know who I am!”  Followed by: “Waaah! Why are people booing me 😢!?”  JFC.  Grow up.  Or at least grow a pair instead of just pretending.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s true, but then the Bills become front page news, talk radio, and social media sensations for all the wrong reasons. I’m not convinced the NFLPA wouldn’t step in, because Beasley could claim he’s being targeted for his beliefs. That’s why I see this as being such a bad spot for the team. Beasley has the upper hand imo. 

I think Beasley has the exact opposite of "the upper hand".   He is making himself look like a fool.    The majority of the public will side against him.   The coach will have full authority from anyone that matters as to what to do about it.   That doesn't mean the coach will do anything.   Just speculation.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

What are his expectations when he tweets "I thought Bills fans were the best in the world? Where did they go?". 

Like,  I cannot see that ending any way other than people being resentful. 

Also, fans have been screaming "BEEEEAAAAASSSSS" Since he showed up in Buffalo, well before COVID or vaccines were an issue. Convenient he hears it as booing now. 

This is not going to end well for him. 

I thought it was a Beeeeaaaaaassss” cheer also.   

if people are booing him they are not real fans. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

As juvenile as that tweet is, it would not be nearly as laughable if it was followed up by another one where he’s whining about being booed.  “I don’t care what you think of me!  I know who I am!”  Followed by: “Waaah! Why are people booing me 😢!?”  JFC.  Grow up.  Or at least grow a pair instead of just pretending.

Also, if you take the comment "I only get booed in Buffalo" and apply it to real life, it makes literal zero sense. 

Apparently the stadium erupts in boo's when Beasley runs out on the field, catches a first down, scores a touchdown. 

But the stadium is totally silent when he drops a pass? 

GTFO of here my man. (not you good sir!)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

I was here long before Cole bitched about the fans in the stadium and will be here long after.

Well you can't be a hypocrite about it though. You can't love it when a player tweets about how Buffalo feels like home and how it's the best place ever and then be LIKE YOU today ...

A little consistency please

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

he just called out fans, claiming to be the best in the NFL... and he's kinda right

He is a little fragile ego B word because maybe someone Booed him so calls out an entire fan base that last I checked has done more for charity than he has since he has been here.   Yeah F Him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, r00tabaga said:

Well you can't be a hypocrite about it though. You can't love it when a player tweets about how Buffalo feels like home and how it's the best place ever and then be LIKE YOU today ...

A little consistency please

Why not? Why can't I enjoy Josh Allen being a great ambassador for Buffalo and also think Cole is a jerk for calling out the fans?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The moral issue is that you shouldn't judge people

Yeah a lot of people are SUPER judgey despite their belief system explicitly telling them "judge not, lest ye be judged". And that's all I'll say on that matter.

I can just hope they've been working on some new plays in practice and wanted to save Beas (2 catches) and Davis (zero catches I think) for KC?  Probably not the case, but that's my headcanon.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I think Beasley has the exact opposite of "the upper hand".   He is making himself look like a fool.    The majority of the public will side against him.   The coach will have full authority from anyone that matters as to what to do about it.   That doesn't mean the coach will do anything.   Just speculation.

The majority might side against him, but the Bills would be on cable news networks non stop framed as a cancel culture story. I think the Bills would prefer to handle Beasley in house. 

45 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

You know, the funny thing about all of this is that Beasley could believe anything he wanted and if he didn't have to blab about it on instatwit or whatever nobody would know but him.

Let's ban social media for players and children and adults, and everyone in between.

it's the real jerk here.

The other solution is for Beas to keep thoughts like this private because he knows they will be a distraction. He's not trying to sway any opinions on taking a vaccine, nor should he given his area of expertise. He's just complaining about his situation. Athletes get killed by fans when they complain, why should he be any different?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Yes, he’s making himself look foolish, but I firmly believe it’s a distraction no matter what the team does. You are underestimating how legendary Beasley would become if the team takes punitive measures. McD doesn’t want that type of media attention. 

Legendary in his mind maybe 😂  and maybe amongst a handful of nutcases who think the guy is some political hero for his stance against "the man".

Then as soon as people hear his rap song, they will be like -"oh.....I get it now.....super deuchebag..."   

He has LAMP issues.   As you can tell from reading this board, that won't go over well with fans.

I think he is a good football player who should shut up and do what he is good at.    And he should come out and say "Sorry guys - when I mentioned the Bills fanbase I was just complaining about a couple of idiots who were being idiots - not the entire fanbase.   In my experience here Bills fans rule!"   or something to that extent.   Then delete his Twitter account.

• Like (+1) 1