What was up with Beasley today?

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Way to invent a story.   lol😆

Well "Stay off Social Media" Boy did get his ass chewed on TV.  Clear as day.  Then took to twitter, he has a history of that dating back to Dallas and why h has said he gave up Social Media (but clearly hasnt) 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

My seats aren’t behind the bench so I can’t say for sure, but I also have a hard time believing this. Nobody is booing him in section 125 that I can tell 

So instead of admitting his mistake he’s saying a few drunks picked on him, and that justifies calling out the whole fandom?! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

He may have been confused about what real booing sounds like.     I have a feeling he might learn the difference at the next home game.   

The local media will jump on this like heifer in heat.   I can envision them licking their chops about it right now.   Can't wait to publish another emotional story about an emotional topic that is not even news worthy.

Dude, you alright?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

So instead of admitting his mistake he’s saying a few drunks picked on him, and that justifies calling out the whole fandom?! 

No doubt.   And when Cole said "Some are.  Then I got some right behind the bench"     what he probably really meant was that "One time there was this one guy who said........"

If there was a group of people doing it loud enough for Beasley to hear, there would have been a group of other Bills fans telling those guys to shut the "F" up. - Bet on it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Maybe it’s boo, maybe it’s Bease, maybe a little of both. The man is complaining about the same crap he thinks he stands up for, he wants to stand up and say, “These are my opinions, I’m free to have them and you’ll just have to deal with it.” And that’s true, so by the same token, fans are allowed to have their opinions and if their opinion is voiced via boos then he just has to deal with it, doesn’t he?

The man has a weird degree of ignorance and arrogance to him. What’s he care what fans say anyway? Aren’t we all just a bunch of lesser-than folk with our pitiful little day jorbs and no money? Leeching off him for autographs and selfies, right? 

Dude is a legend in his own mind, believes he’s a victim, can’t STFU about things he said he was gonna STFU about. If he wasn’t on thin ice with the organization already, I’m sure he could be getting there. I dunno. Trade his dumba$$ for a guard or something. They don’t have time for the sideshow BS he wants to do right now. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am in the camp of rooting for him regardless of his vaccination status.  As others said, he isn't being booed (at least he wasn't in week 1), and any one-offs in the crowd are not worth getting yourself worked up over.

However, it's becoming a larger issue and frankly a distraction to the team, regardless of your feelings on the matter.  He needs to get off of social media (something I did years ago aside from one-off message boards like this) and focus on football.  He's free to whatever opinion he wants so long as it doesn't begin to hurt the team or his performance.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is also a good example of how much the mental part of this game plays into it.   You can get inside the players heads.   The 12th man does count.   You can both help and hurt your team by the things you yell from the stands - assuming you are close enough to be heard clearly.

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Holy ***** do you guys really think he’s getting boo’d?!? That is amazing 

Just 2 pages in, and this is wild. 

There are people out there, who care about the Bills enough to register and post and a Buffalo Bills message board, but have never heard the fans react to Cole Beasley making a catch or walking out onto the field. 

And not only are they just not hearing the reaction now, but they think it is booing. And not only booing, but only booing during positive moments, like catching a first down or a touchdown. And not booing during when he jumps off sides, drops the ball, slips on a route, etc.

What a wild time to be alive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Someone with Twitter know if fans are re-tweeting him letting him know the fans definitely AREN'T booing him? Cole is making himself look pretty silly here.

Yes they are.  There were also a few that said their section was booing though.