Spencer Brown

Udubalum07

6 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

2167, if memory serves. And mayn't at this point. Ha

Well, if MLB.com is to be believed, we are both wrong!

Gehrig played 2130 in a row after replacing Pippen.  It was Ripkin who played 2632 in a row, a half century later.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Udubalum07 said:

I will be at the kc game next week. Do you think we give Cody Ford another shot next week or move Williams inside again?

In terms of do we make it a wake up call or more a permanent change.

I personally think Brown is there to stay and we move other pieces around to keep him in the lineup.

I think we see Williams-Brown from here on out.

I really like Dawkins-Mongo-Morse-Williams-Brown

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Did he do the push on Moss? Thought that was a heads up play, gave us a yard near the goal line and just seemed like a super-aware play by a lineman. I don't want linemen randomly maneuvering our running backs, but that seemed alright.

He also seemed about a head taller than everybody else in the huddle.

That’s kinda the signature Spencer Brown play. If there’s a pileup at the end of a running play you can bet Brown is sprinting toward it, and if he has to run all that way anyway, he’s gonna smack someone when he arrives.

And yes, he is a giant. He’ll be a WWE superstar someday after football with that combination of size, athleticism and entertainment. You just know he can cut a promo.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

Did he do the push on Moss? Thought that was a heads up play, gave us a yard near the goal line and just seemed like a super-aware play by a lineman. I don't want linemen randomly maneuvering our running backs, but that seemed alright.

What's up with Ford, though? Heard Coach in the postgame emphatically state that "Cody Ford is a good football player" and thought it was weird. 

Yes he did.  

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

Whenever you hear about a guy needing to rediscover his motivation and love for the game he is highly suspect to me.  Not to say someone cant go through something personally (maybe we don't even know about) but the wording of this article bothered me when it came out, I thought it was a bad sign.   Doubt he will be who the Bills envisioned.....win some lose some.

I think they stick with Brown at RT and Williams at RG and then Feliciano at LG when healthy.  That leaves Boettger and Ford as backups inside.

https://buffalonews.com/bn-blitz-how-cody-fords-mental-health-coach-helped-him-rediscover-himself/article_d58e7f96-f1ab-11eb-91af-7fe4e0e67311.html

I wasnt aware of this.

Maybe now some people can understand why McDermott went out of his way to say he was a good football player.  I don't think getting benched against one of the worst teams in the NFL is going to do much good for his mental health.

In My Opinion Brown Secured the RT spot for this week.  I actually like Williams at RG and Brown at RT.

Doyle looked the part when he was in the game as well. Look forward to continue watching him Grow this year, I dont think at this point he comes back off the field unless play tanks or injury.

I haven't re-watched the game but my impression was that Brown played very well.    And the fans love the guy.........he plays to the crowd. 

Ford is in a really inexplicable spiral.    He was overdrafted for need and not a great prospect.......but there is no reason he should be playing as bad as he has.

After the week one disaster I mentioned moving Williams inside and starting Brown at RT as a possibility but figured it was a long shot type of move at best.

But obviously between Fords terrible play and Brown obviously showing this team something in practice it happened much sooner than expected so hopefully this ultimately stabilizes the oline even though Willaims does seem to be better suited at RT given his history going back to Carolina.

10 hours ago, Nelius said:

What's up with Ford, though? Heard Coach in the postgame emphatically state that "Cody Ford is a good football player" and thought it was weird. 

I thought he was going to pick up Moss like a baby and throw him into the end zone on that play

I know D Williams was pretty bad at G while in Carolina, but he was also far from himself less than a year off a major injury. We'll find out soon enough if he can be a long term upgrade at RG. I definitely have my fingers crossed cause a uppertier free agent G will cost just as much if not more than him anyways.

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1