Are the Cardinals for real?

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

4-0 and just beat what I thought was the best team in the NFL.

Murray seems to be playing very well. Anyone follow them closely?

Here's a recent convert in Cardinal colours:

image.thumb.jpeg.d371a8e88977e4df6a0f62c5895f1613.jpeg
OK, reporting myself. 🙁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Massive sanctions.
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Adversity like a tough opponent, or injuries? Because if it's the former I'd say stomping out the Rams at home who many already gifted a Super Bowl appearance blows the tough opponent theory up.

Injuries, hitting a rough patch In their season, losing a game that they should have won, etc.

I wonder how they'd react if they lost a game on a Hail Mary.

My guess is not very well, with Kingsbury in charge.

I haven't watched more than about five minutes of Arizona this season but they appear to be pretty good, particularly on offense.  I don't focus too much on the NFC other than the division the Bills play each season, though, because hopefully at the end of the day there's only one game in which we could see them.  There is no scenario under which the Bills have to go through Arizona, Green Bay, Dallas, and the Rams in order to get to the Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Murray has most, if not all of Lamar Jackson's athleticism, and he's a far better passer.  He is a nightmare for opposing teams to defend.

i see murray as like -1 to lamar w the feet and creativity, and +2 on the passing (maybe +3).  he's a bit like if vick took football seriously at the start of career would be.  

they aren't a perfect or super well balanced team (rams are better balanced, but laid an egg vs zona) but they have just super stars at a few money positions.  they remind me a lot of the cheifs.  psycho aggressive on D, to the point of allowing big plays, just a 10 headed monster on O, and kinda genius kinda unstable coaches running the show.

16 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

If you're asking if the cards are currently a Super Bowl contender, the answer is yes. But they were before the season started. They're a very good team, no doubt.

No they weren't. They've played some suspect defenses and a division opponent who they know very well. I can see them losing 3 or 4 out of their next 5.

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Murray has most, if not all of Lamar Jackson's athleticism, and he's a far better passer.  He is a nightmare for opposing teams to defend.

A.J. Green revitalizing his career has definitely added a new wrinkle to that offense.

He's certainly shiftier than Jackson. It's like watching 11 guys try to catch a rabbit on the field. As fun as he is to watch, I just can't see him having a long career with his frame and style of play. They all take big hits eventually.

pLo0wZy.jpg

Kingsbury is still the HC and historically they do not play well when traveling to the east coast. 

They are good team with a solid WR core and stout D but lets hold off on crowning anyone right now including the Bills. 

Az clobbered the Titans but they haven't looked all that great, the following week Az had all they could handle with the Vikings and they beat up on the Jaguars and then the Lambs. Looking ahead they have the 49ers, @Browns, Texans, Packers, @49ers, Panthers, @Seahawks, @Bears, Rams, @Lions, Colts, @Cowgirls, Seahawks. 

Not an overly easy schedule outside of Texans and Lions. I can see Kingsbury screwing things ups simple because he's an idiot.

Either way, I don't think they are better than KC, Cleveland or Buffalo. With other power houses not playing well in the NFC Az could make a playoff run.

They have played Very well in September. I do think they are the top of that Division. I don’t think they are the best in the NFC though. Maybe. Give me another month like September and I will probably say yeah they are really freaking good. Right now I will only say a Good Team