The Edmunds Report - Week 4, Texans v. Bills, 10/03/21

Freddie's Dead

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Can we stop against the actual NFL team ***** anyone of these NFL teams can be another on any given Sunday

I disagree.  That Houston Texans, fielding the starters they had today, could never beat this Bills team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Still not very worried about this giant human being that disrupts offensive game plans and may just ***** a ball out of mid-air if it's in his area. 

^ what, that's not allowed? How about pluck?

Edited by Nelius
  • Haha (+1) 1

Haven't re-watched it yet but even though the D played very few snaps overall......it seemed like he had the best game of his career.

I overheard people talking in the stands early in the game about Edmunds being ticked off about being referenced as a bust in the media...........not sure if he made any statement or what...........and then he promptly went out and made plays that he hasn't made in 2-3 years.  

As I've said........MLB is a devalued position and one of the reasons is that it's hard for an inside backer to really have much impact in games against top QB's..........in big games against good QB's the defensive performance usually comes down to how you perform at edge and island positions.

The days where MLB's gotta' make their hay are against the rookies, scrubs and washed up QB's.

Edmunds hadn't been doing that thru 3 games against bad QB's so far.........but today he did.  

Hopefully he keeps it up.   The Bills only have a handful of games against top veteran QB's left so the schedule is ripe with opportunity.   

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Haven't re-watched it yet but even though the D played very few snaps overall......it seemed like he had the best game of his career.

I overheard people talking in the stands early in the game about Edmunds being ticked off about being referenced as a bust in the media...........not sure if he made any statement or what...........and then he promptly went out and made plays that he hasn't made in 2-3 years.  

As I've said........MLB is a devalued position and one of the reasons is that it's hard for an inside backer to really have much impact in games against top QB's..........in big games against good QB's the defensive performance usually comes down to how you perform at edge and island positions.

The days where MLB's gotta' make their hay are against the rookies, scrubs and washed up QB's.

Edmunds hadn't been doing that thru 3 games against bad QB's so far.........but today he did.  

Hopefully he keeps it up.   The Bills only have a handful of games against top veteran QB's left so the schedule is ripe with opportunity.   

It helps when the QB can't execute a fake or get past his first read.  Let's see how he does against Mahomes this weekend.  But considering he's failed to take the "low hanging fruit" for most of his career, yesterday was a positive sign.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

It helps when the QB can't execute a fake or get past his first read.  Let's see how he does against Mahomes this weekend.  But considering he's failed to take the "low hanging fruit" for most of his career, yesterday was a positive sign.

I will be pleased with "adequate" against Mahomes.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  This thread will be short because Edmunds had a great game and there’s nothing for others to complain about.  

I've ate crow with Devin, definitely with Knox, would be more than happy to add Tremaine to the list. For me, this next games his chance to prove it. He'd have his work cutout with Milano, but especially without him as it's looking to be the case. Had a nice game against Hou, time to show us the baby this week. I'll be a BILLiever if he shows out Sunday. Fingers crossed

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

I really hope he can at least somewhat contain Kelce. 

Don't get your hopes up. Kelce's gonna get his yards. Just don't let him get TDs.

Hoping they can do what the Chargers did. Get to Mahomes with 4 and bracket their two best receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

For a guy who's a "net negative" he really had a positive impact yesterday.

@HappyDays any thoughts?

You've been misconstruing what I said. I said that smart offenses with smart QBs can exploit his weaknesses and negate his positives to the point that he becomes a net negative for the defense. I was happy to see him make some plays yesterday. He showed better instincts. Next week is a real test. I'm not expecting him to shut Kelce down but I need to see him contain him at least. A repeat of the AFCCG would be a step back.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't get your hopes up. Kelce's gonna get his yards. Just don't let him get TDs.

Hoping they can do what the Chargers did. Get to Mahomes with 4 and bracket their two best receivers.

He did destroy us last year but you never know. He is coming off of only a 23yds game.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You've been misconstruing what I said. I said that smart offenses with smart QBs can exploit his weaknesses and negate his positives to the point that he becomes a net negative for the defense. I was happy to see him make some plays yesterday. He showed better instincts. Next week is a real test. I'm not expecting him to shut Kelce down but I need to see him contain him at least. A repeat of the AFCCG would be a step back.

You haven't given any specifics yet. At this point all you've basically said is that Mahomes and Kelce can exploit zone coverage.

57 minutes ago, Gambit said:

He did destroy us last year but you never know. He is coming off of only a 23yds game.

I definitely need to watch that Eagles game.

• Like (+1) 2

I tried to key in on him more during the game - i really appreciate your summary each week.

He's getting better in coverage, and he was already pretty good.  We're going to get a great measuring stick next week as I figure he'll be covering Kelce.  He's  going to give up some first downs but if he can get a turnover or even just a few stops, it'll be real growth

• Thank you (+1) 1

Best game since perhaps his rookie year, his best season. I’d love for Edmunds to turn into a game wrecker, I don’t think any true Bills fan roots against his success, but I’m not going to crown him “all pro” because he had a good game against the Texans. I hope to see more impactful plays from him going forward, especially in big games.

Side note, whoever’s responsible for covering Kelce next week, Edmunds, Tre Day or whoever, can Frazier PLEASE have a DE jam him off the line of scrimmage every time he’s in tight formation?! Disrupt Mahomes timing, the DE tasked with jamming Kelce likely wouldn’t sack Mahomes anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Week 4 of The Edmunds Report is here.

Yesss! I'm just so damn happy you're doing this.

Agree or disagree, it gives us a great framework to argue re a contentious board topic.

Thanks for the effort...yet another ex of why I'm now addicted to this place.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.