Bills with #1 scoring offense(now #2 to Arizona) AND scoring defense in the NFL

Big Turk

10 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Wow. To say we’ve feasted on some sub par competition would be putting it mildly, but you still have to be an elite team to dominate even weaker teams at this level. 

Yeah but holding teams to under 300 yards of offense 4 games straight is pretty crazy. And our offense hasn't been great except against WFT and we are just clocking teams.

• Like (+1) 2

It's been against bad teams so far, but when you're a good team, you're supposed to dominate bad teams and we have so far.  The next couple weeks will be a much better gauge to see where we are at.  As good as this defense has been, they haven't been able to stop the Chiefs at all the last couple years.  The thing is, I am actually more concerned about the coaching against the Chiefs than the actual players.  The last couple of game plans have been awful against their skilled players and until they can actually do it against the Chiefs, the questions will always remain.  For me, it's pretty simple......I'm bracketing Kelsey and Hill and forcing their other players to beat us.  If they can do it, more power to them, but I am not letting those guys do it.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, sven233 said:

The last couple of game plans have been awful against their skilled players and until they can actually do it against the Chiefs, the questions will always remain.  For me, it's pretty simple......I'm bracketing Kelsey and Hill and forcing their other players to beat us.  If they can do it, more power to them, but I am not letting those guys do it.

Isn’t this exactly what we did against them the first game last year? 

Just now, dma0034 said:

Yes... but it's the only way to beat them. You have to hope the D-Line can stop HEC so they have to throw.

Haha yeah… but my point was the guy said our last couple of game plans have been awful and then described his ideal game plan as the one we used last year 😂

9 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

A healthy TJ Watt

Watt was taking Williams to the wood shed that game.

If they handed out flat, deflated game balls most of the OL would have gotten one.

Good wake up call, and water under the bridge.

15 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

A healthy TJ Watt

Nah, we beat ourselves in that game, happens…, 

Go Bills!!!

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah but holding teams to under 300 yards of offense 4 games straight is pretty crazy. And our offense hasn't been great except against WFT and we are just clocking teams.

I bet you could take the defending champs from any given year, put them against the 1st overall draft pick team, and they would seldomly hold them under 300 yards four games in a row.

That's what gets me about the haters who say "doesn't count, it was only (bad team)".  We keep being told elite teams need to reliably dominate bad teams, but our 118-21 run still "doesn't count".  When we win by only one or two scores the first thing said about it is how we failed to dominate.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1