Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'd suit him up but limit his snaps.

I’m guessing they will keep him on a pitch count and the first sign we have the game in hand, he’s out.  He gets a nice bye to heal, stretch, do some hot yoga, whatever to keep him loose.

I also think of after the bye they will keep a close watch on him. We need him for the more important games.  I wouldn’t even play him for the Jets, Jets, Jags.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, Magox said:

This idea that is being thrown out by some to arbitrarily have Milano sit to rest his hammy is nuts.  

The decision should be based on whether or not he is putting himself at a medium/high level or risk of aggravating the injury.  In other words, is he healthy or not?   If he's healthy, you play him.  Tennessee is a team when they are playing well is one of the better teams in the league and this is a big Monday night football game against a conference foe who whooped our butts last year on the road.   

Milano has been playing at an All pro level this year, the Bills could use him in this matchup.

I don't think anyone is suggesting to "arbitrarily" sit Milano. I think there are many who think he should not be rushed back, if there is a chance his hamstring issue is not 100%.

I posted several days ago that Milano being out of this game didn't concern me, because AJ Klein might actually be a better matchup vs. Derrick Henry.  Milano is certainly the better LB, but Klein is exceptional against the run, he's fast, he's a very good tackler who wraps guys up, and he has 20 pounds on Milano. If Milano's back to full strength (and today's report suggests as much) then great. But, if he sits, or has a limited snap count, I think we'll be well covered by Klein.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I'd suit him up but limit his snaps.

No, that's what would have happened last week, but McD didn't want to risk it. Said they were being cautious and he could have played.

He is good to go and healthy. He is going to play.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting to "arbitrarily" sit Milano. I think there are many who think he should not be rushed back, if there is a chance his hamstring issue is not 100%.

I posted several days ago that Milano being out of this game didn't concern me, because AJ Klein might actually be a better matchup vs. Derrick Henry.  Milano is certainly the better LB, but Klein is exceptional against the run, he's fast, he's a very good tackler who wraps guys up, and he has 20 pounds on Milano. If Milano's back to full strength (and today's report suggests as much) then great. But, if he sits, or has a limited snap count, I think we'll be well covered by Klein.

So just a point, last year we started Edmunds 100%, Tyrel Dodson for Milano (90%)  but AJ Klein got 30% of the snaps.

It's a possibility that we might play more 4-3 base against the Titans and that Tank they have playing RB.

31 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting to "arbitrarily" sit Milano. I think there are many who think he should not be rushed back, if there is a chance his hamstring issue is not 100%

Seems to me that some people are suggesting just that.  To be fair, I think the logic train is that hamstring injuries are notoriously hard to judge, he might think he's fine and the trainers say "thumbs up" and he still need some extra healing.

But FWIW, this is something like Milano's 5th documented hamstring pull, he's missed 1 game each time, and he hasn't *seemed* to re-injure.

Knock wood.

And each time as far as I can tell he's taken 100% of the snaps on his first game back

On 10/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, Doc said:

Because he's still recovering from injury.

What are you , a Doc? 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

He hasn't played in a game since the first half on Sept 26th against WFT, that will be 21 days come monday, he's not being rushed back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Milano, Edmunds & Klein stay healthy and we keep rotating the 9 for the DL, this defense will be pretty unstoppable. 

If all are healthy it will be interesting to see who goes on the game day inactive list....Do you insert Feliciano back and send Brown back to Bench  or has Brown earned the starting spot?  Will be interesting to watch....

I assume it will be Breida,  Doyle,  Butler, Phillps and ??

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

If all are healthy it will be interesting to see who goes on the game day inactive list....Do you insert Feliciano back and send Brown back to Bench  or has Brown earned the starting spot?  Will be interesting to watch....

I assume it will be Breida,  Doyle,  Butler, Phillps and ??

Probably Obada 

On 10/16/2021 at 8:46 PM, klos63 said:

What are you , a Doc? 

He hasn't played in a game since the first half on Sept 26th against WFT, that will be 21 days come monday, he's not being rushed back.

He played vs Texans, correct? I definitely agree with you though, he is not being rushed back. I was at the game right behind the bills side and to my memory he was playing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.