Please start Spencer Brown for the rest of the season ASAP

Protocal69

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

I meant for the rest of the season. I'll update the thread. Thanks

I said last year that Ford was a bust and everyone laughed,  it was a massive mistake taking Ford over Metcalf.  FORD=BUST and only reason why he is still on this team is because he was a second round pick.  

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s like with alligators.  Run in zig zags.

Better go for a straight line dash... Can you beat his 4.4 shuttle or 6.96 3-cone? He's on par with some of our most agile guys.

1 hour ago, Might Rather said:

I'm also a short person and I think I'm pretty fast but I wouldn't want him to catch me....bet he's fast for his size

image.thumb.png.c9d9dca201ab46a243a490e07df1c805.png

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

I think Williams was still an upgrade to Ford at guard - for now. We will see who they roll out next week.

I never hate on our players, don't really like that phrase, but Ford has been struggling mightily at RG and LG when he manned that position last season.

I want all out players to succeed, but have always had concerns with his foot speed and his ability to play over his base with good balance and leverage.

This past draft they really focused on OL players with above average athletic speed, foot work, and balance. Early indications on those prospects are positive.

Ford is a bust and people need to accept that he is not very good

I don’t think that having the Veteran RT line up next to the raw Rookie RT was an accident. 

He should be able to keep Brown from making rookie mistakes and show him the inside info Vets pick up throughout the game. 

As long as he’s not a liability, I’d like to keep Williams at RG until Brown gets some more game reps. 

Edited by DaggersEOD

34 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Agreed, Brown RT Williams RG was better combo even though Williams is much worse at G than T. Ford is so bad he's forcing other people to switch positions.

and they'll get better quickly now that they've got a little film on themselves playing in the new spot.  

Kudos to McD for finally giving up on the Cody Ford forcefeed project.  He was a miss, lets move forward.

Two things are obvious. The coaches have lost faith in Cody Ford and like many of us, they think Williams' future is at G. Brown looked good today, but it was only 1 game. Hopefully he'll be great. I'm still not sold on Boettger,  but as depth, he's fine.

5 hours ago, JohnNord said:

That’s the plan…the line played much better with Brown at RT and you’d think putting Feliciano in over Boettger might be a small upgrade too.  Williams should hopefully settle into RG

Boettger is a better run blocker than Feliciano and has been improving every year unlike Feliciano.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.