Please start Spencer Brown for the rest of the season ASAP

Protocal69

All week this is what I wanted to happen.  I wanted Brown at RT and Williams at G.  To me, it's about getting your best 5 on the field and Brown has been playing like one of the best 5 in the opportunities he's had.  I am not sure Williams will be a great G, but I think he will be a big upgrade over Ford who I have thought was a terrible pick from the beginning.  I think if you give Brown and Williams a few games together, they will settle in a bit.  Mongo isn't the greatest, and I wish we could upgrade that G spot as well, but he's serviceable for now, I guess.  But, if I'm Beane, I'm trying to trade for a G to upgrade the line.  But, for this game, I was happy to see the put Brown on the field and I hope they continue to do so with Williams inside to see if they can get that side solidified.

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s like with alligators.  Run in zig zags.

If your doing that your crossing back into his path every other zig or zag ;) 

Just run faster than the person your with....it works for Bears and Lions ;)

After last week, I was just happy not to see Cody Ford at guard. Every highlight from the WFT game he was basically getting obliterated by Payne. That may have been the worst pass protection by a Bills guard in I don't know how long (sometime during the dark 20 years....insert the name of your least favorite guard).

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think I'd leave him in. Not sure I'd leave Williams in at guard though. On tv viewing I didn't think he was great. Will wait to see what the all 22 shows. I think I'd start Feliciano and Ike at guard.

29 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

That’s the plan…the line played much better with Brown at RT and you’d think putting Feliciano in over Boettger might be a small upgrade too.  Williams should hopefully settle into RG

Am I missing something here? Do other continue to see something in Feliciano that I don’t see? Is he really that much better than Boettger? This is an honest question, not trying to troll or steer an argument. To me, I don’t think he has played much better than Ford (although that’s not saying much) but people continue to give him a pass because he has a “nasty streak” and wasn’t picked in the second round. Granted it was the Texans, but that line they had today looked pretty good

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think I'd leave him in. Not sure I'd leave Williams in at guard though. On tv viewing I didn't think he was great. Will wait to see what the all 22 shows. I think I'd start Feliciano and Ike at guard.

We need much better guards thats for sure, our line would be killer with Ritchie and Wyatt in there.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Williams was still an upgrade to Ford at guard - for now. We will see who they roll out next week.

I get frustrated but try not to hate on our Bills players that are likely doing their best, but Ford has been struggling mightily at RG and LG when he manned that position last season.

I want all our Bills players to succeed, but have always had concerns with his foot speed and his ability to play over his base with good balance and leverage.

This past draft they really focused on OL players with above average athletic speed, foot work, and balance. Early indications on those prospects are positive.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

Am I missing something here? Do other continue to see something in Feliciano that I don’t see? Is he really that much better than Boettger? This is an honest question, not trying to troll or steer an argument. To me, I don’t think he has played much better than Ford (although that’s not saying much) but people continue to give him a pass because he has a “nasty streak” and wasn’t picked in the second round. Granted it was the Texans, but that line they had today looked pretty good

no. im with you. i think boettger is better in that he is average but more consistent average.

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

No you are not missing anything. But I think the coaches like him. I have always been more lukewarm.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.