Around the League Week 4

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, cle23 said:

ย 

Buffalo is obviously the much better team, but that's the dumbest argument I've heard in a while. Buffalo had the same amount of time to prepare as Pittsburgh did.

ย 

I said all offseason that week 1 was the worst time to play Pitt. They literally got worse the more they played last year and were fully healthy. Since then TJ Watt has missed 2 games, Claypool missed yesterday, take either of those off the field week 1 and the Bills win. The Bills were not as prepared for week 1 as the Steelers, I agree with that. But I do think put that game in week 5 or week 8 or week 10 and the Bills win by multiple scores.ย 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

ย 

I said all offseason that week 1 was the worst time to play Pitt. They literally got worse the more they played last year and were fully healthy. Since then TJ Watt has missed 2 games, Claypool missed yesterday, take either of those off the field week 1 and the Bills win. The Bills were not as prepared for week 1 as the Steelers, I agree with that. But I do think put that game in week 5 or week 8 or week 10 and the Bills win by multiple scores.ย 

ย 

This has to be the last year for Ben. Father time catches up to everyone (except Brady) and its pretty obvious that Ben just doesn't have it anymore.

Just now, Greg S said:

ย 

This has to be the last year for Ben. Father time catches up to everyone (except Brady) and its pretty obvious that Ben just doesn't have it anymore.

ย 

One of my bold predictions before last season was that Rivers, Brees and Ben would all call it quits after the season. Two of them did. One of them should have.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The Dolphins have been stockpiling first round picks for the past ย few years ย it seems and the are still in turmoil lolย 

ย 

That's because your average 5 year old can throw a football better the Tua.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Although he's not tearing it up, I am disappointed to say that Mac Jones doesn't look like the flaming pile of dog $#!T I was praying he would be. This is slightly disconcerting.

From what I've been able to see both Fields and Jones are talented youngsters who have a good chance to be successful if brought along properly. Tua? IDK.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

ย 

Tomlin and the Steelers org. is staunchly anti-analytics. I wonder if that plays a role balancing practice workload and ultimately in the inability to keep players healthy.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

ย 

ย 

Obviously, you take away their best defender and offensive weapon and that changes everything.ย  And yes, I'd bet on Buffalo 10 out of 10 times now, but my point still stands.ย  You can't say "Pittsburgh had all offseason to prepare for Buffalo, that's why they won" when the exact argument could be made for every week 1 game, and for Buffalo in that game as well.ย 

ย 

I hate Pittsburgh, and I wish Buffalo had beat them 50-0.ย ย 

2 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The Dolphins have been stockpiling first round picks for the past ย few years ย it seems and the are still in turmoil lolย 

Ever see your kids / grandkids use toilet paper? ย Somehow that reminds me of the Jets and Dolphins using their draft selections. ๐Ÿ˜

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Watching Baker Mayfield, he can't do anything off-script.ย 

ย 

If he is forced to moved at all, his ability to make plays falls off the table.ย 

ย 

Browns aren't winning a Super Bowl with him as their QB.ย 

ย 

Probably not but they are still a team that concerns me overall given their defense and ability to run the ball down opponents throats and if that formula sustains Mayfield won't be asked to do much until the playoffs.

ย 

The good news is given their schedule vs. the Bills we are still likely to end up with better seeding and home field if we were to meet them down the road in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

ย 

Probably not but they are still a team that concerns me overall given their defense and ability to run the ball down opponents throats and if that formula sustains Mayfield won't be asked to do much until the playoffs.

ย 

The good news is given their schedule vs. the Bills we are still likely to end up with better seeding and home field if we were to meet them down the road in the playoffs.

The Bills and Browns will find out exactly where they stand after this week.ย 

ย 

I think you'll see a large gap between Herbert and Mayfield.ย 

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills and Browns will find out exactly where they stand after this week.ย 

ย 

I think you'll see a large gap between Herbert and Mayfield.ย 

ย 

I agree with this, Herbert is already up there as top 5 QB in this league.

ย 

Mayfield is not terrible but he's in that '2nd tier' type of category with a guy like Kirk Cousins (who they easily could have lost to yesterday anyway) until he proves otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1