10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs Texans Pregame Thread

1 hour ago, Cantankeous said:

Little something to get y’all hyped!

https://fb.watch/8pldp44_w1/

i have had some sadness occur in my life this past week.  Not ashamed to admit tears were shed.

Honestly, this mad me feel a little bit better.

Thank you, ‘Tank.

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Playing in rain will be a factor.   Which team handles it better will is very important.  

Bills have better team but this is the NFL so you have to win o the field. 

Bills - 27

Texans - 13 

Bob, I know it is an extra billion dollars, I know I am not necessarily for it, and I know it changes game day.

But in all truthfulness, I think in the long run it will be a sizable mistake on the fortunes of this franchise not to have a domed stadium for such a period of time that will extend past the end of my life. 

This is the one and only opportunity to turn this team into a warm weather city.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bob, I know it is an extra billion dollars, I know I am not necessarily for it, and I know it changes game day.

But in all truthfulness, I think in the long run it will be a sizable mistake on the fortunes of this franchise not to have a domed stadium for such a period of time that will extend past the end of my life. 

This is the one and only opportunity to turn this team into a warm weather city.

Dome stadium in Buffalo?   I never thought I would see it, but it could happen.  It may be the future.  

I don’t see being a warm weather city as an advantage.  Plenty of great franchises play outdoors, some past some still in the present. 

Indoors or outside, I think 60,000 seats and lots of corporate boxes/suites is the wrong mix.  We need 70,000+ with more seats for the average Joe Buffalo fan.  That is who we are.  

Would love a retractable roof but funding is a problem.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Dome stadium in Buffalo?   I never thought I would see it, but it could happen.  It may be the future.  

I don’t see being a warm weather city as an advantage.  Plenty of great franchises play outdoors, some past some still in the present. 

Indoors or outside, I think 60,000 seats and lots of corporate boxes/suites is the wrong mix.  We need 70,000+ with more seats for the average Joe Buffalo fan.  That is who we are.  

The #1 reason for shrinking seats in stadiums are rowdy (stupid) fans. The days of 70-80,000 fannys in the seats are over.

Sadly.😢🤨

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Agree 110% man. 70,000 for the true maniacs 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Just read an article that said smaller stadiums are the future. Can’t find it thus no link.

50 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

i have had some sadness occur in my life this past week.  Not ashamed to admit tears were shed.

Honestly, this mad me feel a little bit better.

Thank you, ‘Tank.

Doesn’t matter how many/what kind of stadiums you build, you can’t change a team into a city, and you can’t change Buffalo into a warm weather city with a new stadium, either.

Buffalo is not San Diego.  We still kicked their asses the only two times we’ve won a championship.

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Just read an article that said smaller stadiums are the future. Can’t find it thus no link.

I think other than cowboys stadium, it’s looking like most newer stadiums are at around 60,000ish or so. That allows lots of room for the money making luxury boxes.

I am really hoping they build a stadium similar to Lucas Oil in Indy. Fully retractable roof. This will give the Bills a great advantage too— they can eye the weather and decide what they want to do heading into a bad weather game. To me, keeping out rain and gusting wind is important. Snow and cold is totally fine. 

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The #1 reason for shrinking seats in stadiums are rowdy (stupid) fans. The days of 70-80,000 fannys in the seats are over.

Sadly.😢🤨

Honestly would love to see a smaller 50,000 to 55,000 seat stadium...built with the same mind frame Seattle built theirs to keep noise in. 55,000 of our fans in a stadium like that would sound like 150,000 anywhere else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Doesn’t matter how many/what kind of stadiums you build, you can’t change a team into a city, and you can’t change Buffalo into a warm weather city with a new stadium, either.

Buffalo is not San Diego.  We still kicked their asses the only two times we’ve won a championship.

San Diego is a beautiful city, my favorite West Coast spot. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Honestly I feel like Frazier dodged a bullet there. I think the Texans were looking for a "rebound coach" to help set a decent baseline after the idiocy of BOB. My gut says Culley was hired to be 1 or 2 and done before they get their real coach.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think other than cowboys stadium, it’s looking like most newer stadiums are at around 60,000ish or so. That allows lots of room for the money making luxury boxes.

I am really hoping they build a stadium similar to Lucas Oil in Indy. Fully retractable roof. This will give the Bills a great advantage too— they can eye the weather and decide what they want to do heading into a bad weather game. To me, keeping out rain and gusting wind is important. Snow and cold is totally fine. 

I agree with you, but don’t think it will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Htt2821 said:

San Diego is a beautiful city, my favorite West Coast spot. 

Probably not my favorite to visit.  I'd put it behind Seattle, Portland, San Fran and Napa Valley.

But if I were to move to the west coast, it would be SD or Santa Rosa.