Urban Meyer still scoring on Saturdays

Process

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. My preference is also do not get married which so far I have managed to achieve. I might go further and call the institution "outdated" rather than simply "traditional" but regardless of what people do or don't think regarding their own desire to get married I think imposing their view of morality onto the relationships of others is frankly a little odd. 

EDIT: should make clear that none of this is intended to in any way suggest I don't think Urban Meyer who stresses his "faith" constantly is a hypocrite or that abandoning your team for a plane ride home and then avoiding addressing the pictures and videos with them until forced to by ownership is in any way a good look. 

And you see no irony in calling marriage outdated while claiming to find odd the imposition of one's personal view of morality onto the relationships of others, I assume.

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know you are really out of touch with the role of christianity in football......we've had these discussions before:lol:......but Urban Meyer has leveraged  piety/righteousness to gain fame and fortune and power.

Despite all the crooked sh*t he's done............this episode is really the first time that he's done something that really offends that christian fan base. 

It shouldn't be surprising that there are some people on this board that are offended by infidelity.    Faith and football is a thing.

But those of us who are more offended by his abandoning his team than his intoxicated bar behavior are definitely going to point out what a hypocrite that jagasss is and how stupid the people who were in denial about him were.:lol:

No I get the hypocrite thing and abandoning the team totally. I don't get the sort of deep moral outrage that he had a dance off a woman that is not his wife. 

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And you see no irony in calling marriage outdated while claiming to find odd the imposition of one's personal view of morality onto the relationships of others, I assume.

I wasn't imposing my view of marriage onto anyone. I was simply explaining where I come from on it. 

Edited by GunnerBill

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. My preference is also do not get married which so far I have managed to achieve. I might go further and call the institution "outdated" rather than simply "traditional" but regardless of what people do or don't think regarding their own desire to get married I think imposing their view of morality onto the relationships of others is frankly a little odd. 

Food for thought:

If we don't hold each other accountable for common sense morality - exactly who is going to?

Are you and I better off living in a world without morals?   

Those are rhetorical questions by the way.   Not meant to spark debate on a football forum.

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Food for thought:

If we don't hold each other accountable for common sense morality - exactly who is going to?

Are you and I better off living in a world without morals?   

Those are rhetorical questions by the way.   Not meant to spark debate on a football forum.

I don't believe in absolute morality. I believe in situational morality. And that is really my point seeing things through the prism of one's own morality or belief system rather than in the context of someone else's situation is best avoided when it comes to other people's relationships.

On 10/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Where?  Right now?

I’m talking about college not pro.  I never thought this would work out, he’s an egomaniac that doesn’t fit the successful type for the pro game. He’s better in college where he’s the biggest man all the time while great talent comes and goes under his watch.  Much easier and better fit for him, but make no mistake he’s great at that college gig where you can stack the deck with recruited talent and surround yourself with decent to good coaches to utilize that talent.  We'll revisit in a year or two and see what he’s up to - maybe he’ll hang it up after the Jags but I doubt it.  I don’t think he lasts more than this year in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Ayjent said:

I’m talking about college not pro.  I never thought this would work out, he’s an egomaniac that doesn’t fit the successful type for the pro game. He’s better in college where he’s the biggest man all the time while great talent comes and goes under his watch.  Much easier and better fit for him, but make no mistake he’s great at that college gig where you can stack the deck with recruited talent and surround yourself with decent to good coaches to utilize that talent.  We'll revisit in a year or two and see what he’s up to - maybe he’ll hang it up after the Jags but I doubt it.  I don’t think he lasts more than this year in the NFL.

I don't think there's a college program that is an Urban Meyer away from a Title.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Fooled me. 

I thought this was a clear giveaway:

Unconfirmed reports on unfounded rumors from unsubstantiated sources concocting preposterous innuendo

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.