Urban Meyer still scoring on Saturdays

Process

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like she wasn't fully aware that he was manipulative, lying and self-absorbed by this point in their marriage.   If she's mad she's just mad that he put her and the family on the spot by doing it in public.    She does a good job deflecting the blame onto the whole of social media though.......that's what Urb would do. :lol:

Yeah, she’s probably just mad that people are mocking the entire situation. I will say it’s funny how few people understand that some couples have “arrangements” in their marriage, and who knows what this couple is all about. Urban has made a lot of money over the years, it’s possible anything goes, but it’s more about the publicity that makes them uneasy. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, she’s probably just mad that people are mocking the entire situation. I will say it’s funny how few people understand that some couples have “arrangements” in their marriage, and who knows what this couple is all about. Urban has made a lot of money over the years, it’s possible anything goes, but it’s more about the publicity that makes them uneasy. 

We have lots of people here who seem very disturbed by extra-marital sex. I mean seriously? It's 2021 folks. Not 1951. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We have lots of people here who seem very disturbed by extra-marital sex. I mean seriously? It's 2021 folks. Not 1951. 

"Baby, we're good. It's 2021. Not 1951, so get with the times. Vows, aside".

👌

• Haha (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I understand why people feel that way, personally I don’t understand getting married in 2021 if you want to be “free”.  There was a time you needed to be married in order to be considered a fully functional adult, that’s no longer the norm. Why enter into a traditional institution when you’re not being forced, yet you want to be contemporary ?

With that said, I agree with your sentiment. Everyone seems certain that Urban’s wife must be furious, and wants a divorce. I’m amazed that so many people are that naive. I’ve known plenty of couples where both parties do what they want. It blows my mind that people aren’t aware of this trend. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I understand why people feel that way, personally I don’t understand getting married in 2021 if you want to be “free”.  There was a time you needed to be married in order to be considered a fully functional adult, that’s no longer the norm. Why enter into a traditional institution when you’re not being forced, yet you want to be contemporary ?

With that said, I agree with your sentiment. Everyone seems certain that Urban’s wife must be furious, and wants a divorce. I’m amazed that so many people are that naive. I’ve known plenty of couples where both parties do what they want. It blows my mind that people aren’t aware of this trend. 

Indeed. My preference is also do not get married which so far I have managed to achieve. I might go further and call the institution "outdated" rather than simply "traditional" but regardless of what people do or don't think regarding their own desire to get married I think imposing their view of morality onto the relationships of others is frankly a little odd. 

EDIT: should make clear that none of this is intended to in any way suggest I don't think Urban Meyer who stresses his "faith" constantly is a hypocrite or that abandoning your team for a plane ride home and then avoiding addressing the pictures and videos with them until forced to by ownership is in any way a good look. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. My preference is also do not get married which so far I have managed to achieve. I might go further and call the institution "outdated" rather than simply "traditional" but regardless of what people do or don't think regarding their own desire to get married I think imposing their view of morality onto the relationships of others is frankly a little odd. 

EDIT: should make clear that none of this is intended to in any way suggest I don't think Urban Meyer who stresses his "faith" constantly is a hypocrite or that abandoning your team for a plane ride home and then avoiding addressing the pictures and videos with them until forced to by ownership is in any way a good look. 

I try my best not to judge others as well, I know what I want out of life, others can have what that want. My greatest issue is with hypocrisy. I see too many people who use their marriage as a show of morality. I can’t believe how many claim to be god fearing family people, but basically have open marriages. Suddenly when their lifestyle becomes public knowledge, you get these lame apologies, and the husband/wife saying their partner made a “mistake” that they forgive. There’s nothing to “forgive” when it’s just the way your relationship works. Americans have this weird paradox, especially public figures, where you’re expected to show a conservative public face, but people behave much more liberally when no one is looking. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Did Khan really expect to get Jimmy Johnson out of this hire? The track record remains relatively spotty for long time college guys slotting into NFL HC gigs, and nothing about Urban's past including some well publicized off-field issues with his programs should've given the Jags much confidence going in, imho. But perhaps Lane Kiffin is available for another NFL spin? :rolleyes:  

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did Khan really expect to get Jimmy Johnson out of this hire? The track record remains relatively spotty for long time college guys slotting into NFL HC gigs, and nothing about Urban's past including some well publicized off-field issues with his programs should've given the Jags much confidence going in, imho. But perhaps Lane Kiffin is available for another NFL spin? :rolleyes:  

Lane actually has some NFL experience. I'm thinking Mike Leach would be the perfect crappy candidate.  Either would be hysterical, though.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Lane actually has some NFL experience. I'm thinking Mike Leach would be the perfect crappy candidate.  Either would be hysterical, though.

Or Bobby Petrino, who pulled a 'Vontae' in season as the Falcons HC...

"On December 10, 2007, with the Falcons at the bottom of the NFC South with a 3–10 record, Petrino resigned to become head coach at Arkansas, less than 24 hours after personally promising owner Arthur Blank that he was staying in Atlanta before promptly quitting the team that evening. Petrino informed his players of his departure via a four-sentence laminated note left at the locker of each player, a move that many in the organization and in the NFL harshly criticized"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Petrino#Atlanta_Falcons

Git r done Jags!:D 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know you are really out of touch with the role of christianity in football......we've had these discussions before:lol:......but Urban Meyer has leveraged  piety/righteousness to gain fame and fortune and power.

Despite all the crooked sh*t he's done............this episode is really the first time that he's done something that really offends that christian fan base. 

It shouldn't be surprising that there are some people on this board that are offended by infidelity.    Faith and football is a thing.

But those of us who are more offended by his abandoning his team than his intoxicated bar behavior are definitely going to point out what a hypocrite that jagasss is and how stupid the people who were in denial about him were.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Funny stuff. But you do understand this was sarcasm/parody, right?  Almost like an Onion article. 

I get it. Funny though. Between hiring someone who was fired for racist comments and the sniff test he performed on the grinder...

Wow Urban

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.