Urban Meyer still scoring on Saturdays

Process

2 hours ago, Ayjent said:

How many times was he in the BCS championship, Conference Title Game and Top 10 in his entire career?  He's a successful college program coach - and he could be successful wherever he goes - he's a great recruiter.  He may not win another but he could certainly be in the conversation every year.

Where?  Right now?

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is hard for me to understand how Meyer was able to win as much as he did. One poster in this thread claimed that Meyer works harder than anyone. This is NOT true. Nick Saban works 16 hour days. He once won a title on a Monday Night and demanded that his staff be at work on Thursday morning, this after flying back from California.

Btw, Meyer holds a grudge against Saban because he once called him and asked for a job and Saban refused him. Saban of course talked about how mistaken he was. Now I have at least an inkling as to why he said no. 

Also.....FWIW, I have just a bit of experience with people like this. Was alcohol a contributing factor? No doubt. That said, he seemed to be grabbing that young girl's ass while she was dancing. My guess is that sex, not alcohol, was his primary motivating factor. The look on his face was a clear giveaway to me. So once again, my educated guess is that he was driven to this by sex urges more than alcohol ,which was certainly partially responsible. Male menopause?

The above is not an all knowing proclamation, consider it a very strong hunch.

One more comment about alchol: It is a very strange chemical in that it causes so many of us to react in so many ways. Examples:

If you take a given person who is a drinker and look at the craziest, most out of character thing he or she ever did, was alcohol involved? My guess is yes, in almost all cases.

Now, take a person who almost never drinks and look at the most out of character thing he or he ever did, was alcohol involved? My guess is yes, in a huge majority of cases. 

Still my opinion remains that Meyer's sexual urges were just so strong that he couldn't control himself and was willing to risk hurting and embarrassing his wife and kids, and that these desires were of course fueled by alcohol. Remember, they were not sneaking off to a motel. Theyn were in public and everyone there had a camera on their phone.

I also think that he will land on his feet. Sarkisian pulled a few stunts in his day and now makes 7 or 8 million dollars per year at Texas. Maybe Meyer will be Saban's next reclamation project lol, although I do doubt it. Saban freely admits that he is afraid of his wife and I am sure that Mrs. Saban would be too thrilled.

Sorry for the rant, jmo.

Meyer is a convincing liar and con artist.   

He's been feeding players, administrations and fan bases a line of BS for his whole career...........with great success because suckers are born every minute.

His luck just started running out at Ohio State when he got caught red-handed in real-time.    

This whole episode pales in comparison to that d-bag feigning yet another health crisis to punish the administrative in-grates at Ohio State who tried to hold him accountable for his cover up of a coach with a history of DV.    

I do think he could have the USC job if he wants it by the end of this season.    People line up to forgive this guy and AD's gladly accept the risk of one of his scandals because he has a history of winning big in NCAAF.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On 10/7/2021 at 12:29 AM, NewEra said:

What are you thoughts on your old ball coach @YoloinOhio?  

you know this dude is 👎🏻, don’t ya? 

I find it hilarious that the video was leaked by an Ohio state fan who is a message board legend, a felon, and a communist who also recently ran for the Ohio House of Representatives. You can’t make it up. 

I didn’t think the nfl was a good fit for a variety of reasons but the self-sabotage has been a bit surprising - though he often has acted as though rules don’t apply to him and is not used to answering to anyone.  So not too surprised! 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

What are you thoughts on your old ball coach @YoloinOhio?  

you know this dude is 👎🏻, don’t ya? 

Yolo was in complete denial about what Urban was up to in that last season at Ohio State........he was talking about Shelley like he and her were yenta's from way back and how Honest Urb would never get back into coaching.  :lol:     

As soon as Urban got caught lying about his assistant coach I said on TSW that he was going to fake another health scare so he could make people feel bad about calling him on it.    And so it was.....it was....

85780627.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

She’ll be back 

Like she wasn't fully aware that he was manipulative, lying and self-absorbed by this point in their marriage.   If she's mad she's just mad that he put her and the family on the spot by doing it in public.    She does a good job deflecting the blame onto the whole of social media though.......that's what Urb would do. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I do think he could have the USC job if he wants it by the end of this season.   

I would not bet on it.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/urban-meyer-back-to-college-dozens-of-ads-have-strong-opinions-on-possibility/

Bama OC Bill O'Brien to USC?

Urb likes ‘em young -sorry, Shelly. Knowing a thing or two about Gator football, I have it on good ‘behind the scenes’ authority that Meyers’ release from Florida was more the result of a pregnancy tryst with a ‘Bull Gator’ (Senior Gator Booster)’s daughter than anything else.. 🤷‍♂️
aka ‘the Urban Renewal Project’

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.