Process

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty wild that he brought up Trevor’s bachelor party during his apology 

That's Urban for ya.

1 hour ago, BrownNgold said:

Maybe he is just trying to persuade Watson to come to Jacksonville 

I wanna say you're not right, but damn that was funny.😄

4 hours ago, Process said:

If he had consent how the hell is it assault lol. Did you miss the video of her grinding on him?

This is an embarrassing situation for Meyer but let's not get carried away. 

Someone grinding on you does not give you permission to put your hand inside someone's butt cheek. Also, she wasn't grinding on him, she was dancing...that's not grinding.

Would it be appropriate for him to have touched her chest because she was dancing with him like that? If he was at a strip club getting a lap dance, which this was nowhere near by 100 miles, what would happen if he touched the dancer without her permission, especially where he touched her in that video on page six of the thread? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Someone grinding on you does not give you permission to put your hand inside someone's butt cheek. Also, she wasn't grinding on him, she was dancing...that's not grinding.

Would it be appropriate for him to have touched her chest because she was dancing with him like that? If he was at a strip club getting a lap dance, which this was nowhere near by 100 miles, what would happen if he touched the dancer without her permission, especially where he touched her in that video on page six of the thread? 

nevermind GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He apologized.  It’s over, except for maybe his wife.  He needs to worry about winning games and developing Lawrence into a top QB.  

Well, not sure it is over for him. But, as I implied earlier, I don't see Khan firing him for this, unless something else breaks.  

But you never know. Several ESPN commentators gave reasonable arguments why he should be fired. I don't necessarily disagree with them. And I think it might be justifiable, given this isn't the first time he's screwed up in his current job. Putting aside the womanizing, if I'm the owner looking at an 0-4 record, with a new HC who has already made some rookie mistakes---well, I think he might try to cut his losses.

But right now, I think he's safe for another week. Even if he is, his rope just got a lot shorter.  Just my uninformed and useless opinion. I have no special insight here.

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Well, not sure it is over for him. But, as I implied earlier, I don't see Khan firing him for this, unless something else breaks.  

But you never know. Several ESPN commentators gave reasonable arguments why he should be fired. I don't necessarily disagree with them. And I think it might be justifiable, given this isn't the first time he's screwed up in his current job. Putting aside the womanizing, if I'm the owner looking at an 0-4 record, with a new HC who has already made some rookie mistakes---well, I think he might try to cut his losses.

But right now, I think he's safe for another week. Even if he is, his rope just got a lot shorter.  Just my uninformed and useless opinion. I have no special insight here.

I thought it was completely overblown until I saw the video of him touching her inside her butt cheek.

Even touching the outside of her butt while dancing would be crass, but likely in the rhelm of who are any of us to moralize from afar without knowing the specifics of their marriage, etc. You could argue it was just a dance move and not anything more (not sure you'd win that argument, or should win it, if she thought it was inappropriate, but you could make it).

The video of that touch though...he could (and probably should) be in actual trouble...touching someone like that gets people arrested. Also, you think the person taking the video just happened to start recording at just the moment he did that, or was he doing it for a bit and they started taping and got some of it on camera?

12 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I thought it was completely overblown until I saw the video of him touching her inside her butt cheek.

Even touching the outside of her butt while dancing would be crass, but likely in the rhelm of who are any of us to moralize from afar without knowing the specifics of their marriage, etc. You could argue it was just a dance move and not anything more (not sure you'd win that argument, or should win it, if she thought it was inappropriate, but you could make it).

The video of that touch though...he could (and probably should) be in actual trouble...touching someone like that gets people arrested. Also, you think the person taking the video just happened to start recording at just the moment he did that, or was he doing it for a bit and they started taping and got some of it on camera?

Maybe I need to watch it again (no I probably don't). I'm no Urban fan and not inclined to defend him here. But it really looked like it could him just trying to move her, and that's the position his hand was in. It didn't linger from what I could see.  A bad look? Hell yes. A Terrible look. But I'm not entirely convinced he was "fingering" her on purpose. I'm not sure he wasn't, either. 

We really have no idea what the hell went on. Very brief, I guess you could say "out of context" video, since we don't see when and how she approached of the aftermath. I try as had as possible to be as fair as I can when evaluating these things. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more video that might give us a clearer picture. 

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

She wasn’t exactly pressing…charges as she was grinding on his lap

I doubt he just encountered this woman for the first time.  I'm sure they've known each other for awhile, judging by the way they're acting with each other.  

And his wife might know and not care.  That's their business.  But it's the "optics" for the team and NFL and him selling himself as a family man.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.