Urban Meyer still scoring on Saturdays

Process

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

In my experience, most wives, even those who profess to being fine with this kind of behavior, are NOT fine with it being worldwide news. For some reason they don't like to be embarrassed publicly. Especially from a man who cherishes his family so much (at least publically).  Crazy, I know.

And I'm not sure Jags fans want to see their coach, who is now 0-4, partying like he's a college kid. His butt should be watching film. Sleep, eat, coach. PERIOD. At least until you learn the pro game enough to win one or two. I know fans are crazy to expect their coach to act like an adult professional.

I get the second point, I do. But the caveat to that is Bruce Arians has a life outside coaching and just won a Superbowl. 

I also accepted the first point earlier in the thread. The getting yourself caught on social media might cause a bit of annoyance but honestly I just think most people are way too precious about this stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Those exist?!?  Even after they gave up on Tebow?!   Go on!  😁

'

There aren't many. I'll give you that.

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get the second point, I do. But the caveat to that is Bruce Arians has a life outside coaching and just won a Superbowl. 

I also accepted the first point earlier in the thread. The getting yourself caught on social media might cause a bit of annoyance but honestly I just think most people are way too precious about this stuff. 

Bruce Arians is a seasoned NFL pro. And his teams win. Big difference, I think.  Also, I don't recall seeing videos/pictures of him partying the weekend after a loss. He might, though.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I've seen worse. At least he owned up to actually being there.

Everything about this seems like an adolescent boy in the principal's office after getting caught doing something bad.  Mannerisms, body language, lack of eye contact.  He's like a child through the entire video.  It's almost disturbing to watch.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Everything about this seems like an adolescent boy in the principal's office after getting caught doing something bad.  Mannerisms, body language, lack of eye contact.  He's like a child through the entire video.  It's almost disturbing to watch.

What's the "good way" to admit you screwed up?  I thought he seemed extremely contrite. He IS like a child who got caught doing something bad. i think his approach is about as good as it gets in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Dean said:

What's the "good way" to admit you screwed up?  I thought he seemed extremely contrite. He IS like a child who got caught doing something bad. i think his approach is about as good as it gets in that situation.

Well, for starters, cut the "golly gee, aww shucks, gosh" crap and stand up there and speak like a man.  He looked pathetic.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, for starters, cut the "golly gee, aww shucks, gosh" crap and stand up there and speak like a man.  He looked pathetic.

But he IS a pathetic child, in this instance. So he looked like one. You'd like him to be something other than genuine apparently. I think most any other approach would have come off as phony or arrogant. It's tough when you get caught doing something stupid. Best way is to fess up and ask for forgiveness, IMO.

15 minutes ago, The Dean said:

But he IS a pathetic child, in this instance. So he looked like one. You'd like him to be something other than genuine apparently. I think most any other approach would have come off as phony or arrogant. It's tough when you get caught doing something stupid. Best way is to fess up and ask for forgiveness, IMO.

My issue with Urban in this is this is not the first time this has happened. He is not a kid anymore, hell hes not even a young coach anymore. He's a 57 year old man thats still trolling for college booty and being dumb enough to get photographed doing it. We are a month into him being an NFL coach and he's already had to apologize to the media, his team, and his family for putting himself in a bad position. Really? He says in his video he told Trevor Lawrence to be careful in vegas and then this happens to him.

He's not a leader, hes a phony and now he isnt the only guy getting paid alot of money in his locker room. This isnt a good look and his woe is me looking down apology is pretty pathetic. If thats how he was with the media, how did that apology look to his team? or to the owner?

Dude better start acting like a pro. Because his team got blown out by a team that lost by 40 yesterday. 

55 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

My issue with Urban in this is this is not the first time this has happened. He is not a kid anymore, hell hes not even a young coach anymore. He's a 57 year old man thats still trolling for college booty and being dumb enough to get photographed doing it. We are a month into him being an NFL coach and he's already had to apologize to the media, his team, and his family for putting himself in a bad position. Really? He says in his video he told Trevor Lawrence to be careful in vegas and then this happens to him.

He's not a leader, hes a phony and now he isnt the only guy getting paid alot of money in his locker room. This isnt a good look and his woe is me looking down apology is pretty pathetic. If thats how he was with the media, how did that apology look to his team? or to the owner?

Dude better start acting like a pro. Because his team got blown out by a team that lost by 40 yesterday. 

I totally agree with your assessment of SubUrban. But let's face it, there is no good way to apologize in this case. Any way would be trashed by those who are looking to trash. This seemed the most genuine way (or somewhat genuine way) he could work up.  

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

that is great

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.