Who is more important: Belichick vs. Brady?

notwoz

Well let's look at it this way. Aside from Belichick's record with the Browns, in 2000 the Pats went 5-11.

In 2001 they were 0-2 before Brady started his first game. 

As I remember, there was a lot of talk about the Pats having an awful O-line when Bledsoe was starting. It looked completely different when Brady and his incredible pocket awareness went in.

There is a hell of a lot of evidence that Belichick is an average head coach when Brady isn't in the building

There are very few people that hate BB more than me, but an avg. coach is not true.  He prepared for so many teams differently and yes, had Brady to cover up so much, but he’s still an excellent coach.

When I opened this thread, I was thinking, another BB vs. Brady thread.  After reading the editorial, the author was pretty much on point.  I credit the success far more to Bradyover BB, but to say BB is a below avg. to avg. coach is just not true.

So tonight, my hope is the game ends 52-3 Tampa.  I want to see Arians motioning to Brady to come out, and Brady motion back, screw that and then score again.  I hope he buries BB.

• Like (+1) 1

Belichick isn't an average coach, that's just silly. 

But Brady is far & away the best to ever do it. A coach can be the smartest person in the game, but on-field execution & good decision-making matters the most. Brady excelled at that, has managed to outlast all his peers, and put so much distance between him & other QB's in terms of Super Bowls, post-season wins, and countless other records, it'll be nearly impossible for anyone to ever touch it.

There's almost no way another WR touches Jerry Rice's numbers. There's actually no way another QB goes to 10 Super Bowls & wins 7. If it does somehow happen, it'll be long after I'm dead, so I'll go to my grave believing I was right anyway :) 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:43 PM, notwoz said:

I'm not sure the Belichick vs. Brady argument will ever die a natural death, but here's an interesting look at the Belichick-Brady dynamic.

There is an undercurrent of thought that the pair were ideally suited to creating a dynasty. The two created an insurmountable opponent, they managed to dominate the NFL for two decades.

Belicheat.  Cheating in all phases was what transformed team into a winning one and the fact they could not stop after being caught or almost caught shows how important it was in their winning.