Who is more important: Belichick vs. Brady?

notwoz

I'm not sure the Belichick vs. Brady argument will ever die a natural death, but here's an interesting look at the Belichick-Brady dynamic.

There is an undercurrent of thought that the pair were ideally suited to creating a dynasty. The two created an insurmountable opponent, they managed to dominate the NFL for two decades.

However, that's about to change: "Brady’s pewter-clad arrival at Gillette Stadium, the place where he won 20 playoff games and raised six Super Bowl banners, will provide a visceral reminder of the biggest decision Belichick got wrong."

Ultimately, the author assumes Brady will win Sunday's game, and pins the blame on Belichick for letting Brady go too early and for placing his need for "legacy" and "hierarchy" over the continued success of the team (i.e. Brady's ability to attract high-profile free agents). 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/09/30/bill-belichick-legacy-tom-brady/

Asking which is more important, Brady or Belichick, is like asking which is more important for binocular vision, the left eye or the right eye.  If Tom Brady had been drafted in the 5th round by your least favorite coach, he would not be what he is now. If Belichick had drafted anyone else, he would have far fewer Super Bowel rings today. It was a marriage made in heaven (or hell if you dislike them both).

I am rooting for a scoreless tie myself.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’ll just put it this way: it’s been my experience that great QBs will get you thru times of poor coaching far more often than poor QBs will get you thru times of great coaching. 

Agree and imo one of those things that kinda goes without saying.

It’s the pats, the most nefarious / cheating team in the history of the NFL as we know it, so the answer is nothing to do with the pats is important, they are a  massive blemish on the history of the game. 

These 2 men have practically ruined the NFL.  It's really all about them at this point. 

It was really the combo, just like Walsh/Montana.  Neither is as good on their own. People say Brady won a SB without Bill - but the Buc D won that game.

Can't wait until they're both retired.

Which reminds me - for the Pats/Bills matchup at home,  I'd love it if we had some signs to counter the Patriots fans tired "we're still here!" thing.  Maybe "you're not here anymore," or "where are you now?"  Those seem lame. Open to suggestions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

Asking which is more important, Brady or Belichick, is like asking which is more important for binocular vision, the left eye or the right eye.  If Tom Brady had been drafted in the 5th round by your least favorite coach, he would not be what he is now. If Belichick had drafted anyone else, he would have far fewer Super Bowel rings today. It was a marriage made in heaven (or hell if you dislike them both).

I am rooting for a scoreless tie myself.

Bruce Arians disagrees. 

I think Bill was more important....  

If the Pats had Brett and Aaron over the same time I think they still win 6 rings.  

If Brady was with the Pack does he still get 6?  

I get that Tom won one with the Bucks.  But, Winston threw for over 5000 yards the year before.  When Tom came so did some more great weapons.  Bill winning 7 games with the roster he had and Cam is actually impressive.  

Tom has been great for a long time, but Bills' building the organization/team and the game plans are of greater value imo.