Dolphins - Civil War? Will the Findom fall?

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

This guy makes decent content. Not your typical Phins fan boy that makes content from a cloud of delusion. 

It makes sense on way he presents stuff that he came from education.

He can be a fan boy when things are going well but does not pull his punches.

• Like (+1) 1

They almost beat the Raiders with a back-up QB in LV.  They can’t be that bad.

But it does appear they are still in QB purgatory for awhile.  And worse, they are good enough to win a fair amount of games so no super high draft pick.  I wonder what that is like…oh wait.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

They almost beat the Raiders with a back-up QB in LV.  They can’t be that bad.

Most games are "close" in the NFL.  Miami was gifted some big time luck at the end of that game (stunning) in order to tie it.  Some fluky stuff like a long 4th down conversion and maybe a DPI at the goal line if I remember.  Whatever.  They don't pass the eye test as a team that looks close to being a SB contender.  Now maybe that's because deep down they know the QB situation might just make them feel hopeless.  Shoot, Flores and the Front Office are flat out giving that impression.  

That's just a recipe for disaster that's not how you build a culture.

They need to take their talent and believe what they have is good enough and compete.

Here is the best comp I can give for this.  

The Broncos with Tebow.  The culture and winning mentality (not at the expense of throwing teammates under the bus and infighting over missed personnel decisions) set the tone for Manning to come in and get them to their championship.  No one on the 2011 team wallowed about being limited because of Tebow.  

Miami is not the 2012 Broncos.  They're losers.  All of them.  Great talent in the secondary no doubt.  And that's about it. Tua deserved better then the *lack* of support he's gotten there.  

They're a good QB away from being relevant. It's all QB and Tua isn't it, don't kid yourselves. But if they do win the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes the tone here changes overnight, guaranteed. Waddle, Parker, Gesicki just need somebody who can throw and that defense shouldn't be as awful as they looked during their meltdown against us in Week 2. Definitely better than the Jets. A semi-decent QB away from being better than the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

They're a good QB away from being relevant. It's all QB and Tua isn't it, don't kid yourselves. But if they do win the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes the tone here changes overnight, guaranteed. Waddle, Parker, Gesicki just need somebody who can throw and that defense shouldn't be as awful as they looked during their meltdown against us in Week 2. Definitely better than the Jets. A semi-decent QB away from being better than the Pats.

Not sustainable. Ross is the problem, he is an awful awful meddler. I lived in South Florida from 2012-2020, it's talked about on local radio, they're just so irrelevant that it doesn't make national news much.

Miami is such a weirdly built team. They have two highly paid corners and one the most expensive WR rooms in the NFL. Their o line is laughably bad and they can’t  run the ball. I honestly couldn’t name a LB. like what does the media see? It’s a poorly constructed team that has absolutely no faith in the QB

Tua vs Herbert is pretty obvious now, but it should have been to an NFL team in the draft. Tua had a pretty serious injury and was never a dominant athlete anyway. You want to risk a top 5 pick on a guy like that? When there’s another QB with elite physical tools in the draft? I would have taken Herbert and hoped he could figure out how to play at the next level than take a guy with an average arm, and a a serious hip injury. 

The Dolphins are not the dysfunctional misfits of the Adam Gase variety any more. They're very close to being good. They're playing hard for Flores. Tua struck me as an odd pick. A great leader with just OK talent and a risky injury history.

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

They’re dysfunctional.  A bunch of talent doesn’t equal a good team.  Flores is overrated.  Whether he wanted Herbert or not, he should have played Fitz last year and let Tua sit and learn.  This season he has some sort of three-headed offensive coaching cadre that makes no sense.  They are a mess.  Yes, a good QB helps to hide flaws (see:  Bills OL) but the problems in South Beach run deeper than that.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Dolphins have been dysfunctional since Adam Gase was hired as head coach.  The Jets have been dysfunctional since Rex Ryan was head coach, and so far conclusive evidence that it's over is lacking.  Things are getting more dysfunctional by the minute at Foxboro.  Meanwhile at OBD things are humming along like a well oiled machine.

Can't believe I'm defending Rex Ryan, but the Jets did make back to back AFC Championship games with him as HC. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Miami is such a weirdly built team. They have two highly paid corners and one the most expensive WR rooms in the NFL. Their o line is laughably bad and they can’t  run the ball. I honestly couldn’t name a LB. like what does the media see? It’s a poorly constructed team that has absolutely no faith in the QB

Tua vs Herbert is pretty obvious now, but it should have been to an NFL team in the draft. Tua had a pretty serious injury and was never a dominant athlete anyway. You want to risk a top 5 pick on a guy like that? When there’s another QB with elite physical tools in the draft? I would have taken Herbert and hoped he could figure out how to play at the next level than take a guy with an average arm, and a a serious hip injury. 

They couldn’t ignore the Tua hype train, and now it’s biting them in the ass...Lol

• Like (+1) 1

Word around here is that Greer is on the hot seat. Many of his recent draft pics have not performed to the level that would be expected of them. The Greer / Flores situation reminds me of the Whaley / Ryan era we went through. As a previous poster pointed out, thank God we have a coach and GM on the same page

15 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Dolphins have been dysfunctional since Adam Gase was hired as head coach.  The Jets have been dysfunctional since Rex Ryan was head coach, and so far conclusive evidence that it's over is lacking.  Things are getting more dysfunctional by the minute at Foxboro.  Meanwhile at OBD things are humming along like a well oiled machine.

I tend to think organizational dysfunction originates from the ownership group. The Pats* were like that till the Krafts bought them in 1994, but were the laughingstock of the league in the late 80s when Victor Kiam owned it.  I suspect it is no accident the Fish have made the playoffs only once since Ross bought them in 2009.  Woody Johnson’s tenure as owner of the Jets also supports my opinion.  Are there exceptions to this? Sometimes!  While I think Ralph was great for the AFL/NFL as a league, I think he was not terribly good as an owner.  When he allowed Polian to run it though, it flourished. Rich guys get that way because they made the decisions. It’s hard to allow someone else to make them… 

On the football side, the Pegullas seem to be pretty good owners!  This stadium drama reminds me of the one the Krafts had before Gillette was built.  

What does not fit is the absolute cluster the Sabres have become.  Maybe Terry only meddles with the on ice product.

15 hours ago, mannc said:

The fish have invested a ton of high draft picks on the o-line.  The problem is that the guys they’ve picked aren’t any good.

And the one that was good, they traded away despite being so young for some reason.

Edited by Alphadawg7