Top 5 Greatest Sitcom Characters of All-Time?

BillsPride12

I can't narrow it down to five, but in addition to some of the great ones already mentioned, I'll add:

Oscar Madison

Felix Unger

Coach Ernie Pantusso (Cheers)

Elaine Benes (I'd put Julia Louis Dreyfus in the same class as Lucy, Carol Burnett, & Mary Tyler Moore)

Hank Hill

Edited by WhoTom
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Archie Bunker

Ron Swanson

Lucy

George Costanza

Michael Scott

Honorable mentions to 

Liz Lemon, Jack Donaghy and Tracy Morgan of 30 Rock, the Bluths of Arrested Development and Turk, JD, Dr. Cox and Jordan of Scrubs.  Parks and Rec has a bunch besides Ron Swanson too. 

Edit: Just remembered Abed from Community.  He might take Michael Scott’s place.  It’s close. 

Edited by BarleyNY

I currently have a lifesize cardboard Homer Simpson sitting to my left.  I'll let you guess who is fighting it out with Costanza for the top of my list.  I'm still not sure though if those long running cartoons count as sitcoms or not.

My list as a whole would be pretty similar to the rest.  He would be nowhere near a top 5-10 list, but I did always get a kick out of Randy from My Name is Earl.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, shrader said:

I currently have a lifesize cardboard Homer Simpson sitting to my left.  I'll let you guess who is fighting it out with Costanza for the top of my list.  I'm still not sure though if those long running cartoons count as sitcoms or not.

My list as a whole would be pretty similar to the rest.  He would be nowhere near a top 5-10 list, but I did always get a kick out of Randy from My Name is Earl.

Had forgotten about My Name is Earl... good stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.