Super Bowl Halftime: Dr Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J Blige

DrDawkinstein

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

She’s the only one I don’t really understand being included. I’m far from an astute observer, but I thought it’s been a pretty long time since she was relevant. Even back then, I never thought she was really big, but I could be wrong.

I agree. She likely will just be a back ground singer or something... But yeah I never cared for her either. 

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Finally.

Better than $#@ing Katy Perry or JLO

Would love to see Ice Cube be a surprise act and maybe do some NWA

I would still love to see a Foo Fighters Halftime show

No ones better than Katy Perry.     What is this ! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Is this really that important to you guys? If I’m at a SB party it’s a chance to use the facilities, grab a beverage, snack and catch up with a friend or 10 telling jokes or stories of them.  I can’t remember the last halftime show I actually watched.  God knows I’m not exactly social during the game.  I actually want to watch the game.

Always surprises me how many care more about socializing then IDK, WATCHING THE GAME.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

She’s the only one I don’t really understand being included. I’m far from an astute observer, but I thought it’s been a pretty long time since she was relevant. Even back then, I never thought she was really big, but I could be wrong.

Mary J. Blige, the queen of Hip Hop Soul, wasn't that big?  

Come on, now...

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yay rap😒😒

Yeah maybe they should wheelchair out another rock band from the 70s.

Edited by Chicken Boo

On 9/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, Simstim said:

This is the first time I've been excited for a half time show since Prince.

I can appreciate what a boatload of work it will be to make a super bowl halftime show. It doesnt get much bigger than that.

So if the music isn't your cuppa tea then maybe try to look at it as a performance.  I always watch the halftime show. My fav was the WHO it blasted through our house shook up the neighbors

subjective as musical taste is my least fav super bowl act was Katy Perry

Edited by Muppy

On 9/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, hondo in seattle said:

I went to college during the disco era and have hated popular music ever since.

I'd rather see Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jerry Garcia, Jim Morrison & the Doors...  Now that would be a halftime show! 

Maybe they could add Kurt Cobain for the younger crowd.

yeah whats up with those young generation whippersnappers anyway lol MARY J BLIGE outrageous you know she will bring it..Kendrink Lamar is major all Huge names. I predict great visuals and strong beats.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Finally.

Better than $#@ing Katy Perry or JLO

Would love to see Ice Cube be a surprise act and maybe do some NWA

I would still love to see a Foo Fighters Halftime show

This would have worked if you filled in the blanks with Weeknd and Maroon 5... or several other choices

5 hours ago, Muppy said:

I can appreciate what a boatload of work it will be to make a super bowl halftime show. It doesnt get much bigger than that.

So if the music isn't your cuppa tea then maybe try to look at it as a performance.  I always watch the halftime show. My fav was the WHO it blasted through our house shook up the neighbors

subjective as musical taste is my least fav super bowl act was Katy Perry

I long since gave up complaining about who was likely on. If I don't like it, I can ignore it/ chat to friends whilst it's on. Most of the artists that have appeared don't get me terribly excited is all.

But Dre, Snoop and the rest properly do. There were a huge part of my musical upringing as was grunge, 70s/80s rock and metal.

If Pearl Jam or the Foos ever do the half time show, I may just lose my sh stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Eminem is totally washed up.   not sure how the others are.   

19 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yeah no one wants to hear a couple of the greatest artists at their craft all do a show together 🙄🙄

this would have been great 10-20 years ago.  

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Eminem is totally washed up.   not sure how the others are.   

this would have been great 10-20 years ago.  

A totally washed up Eminem is still better than 99.9% of the current rappers out there, and there have been tons of acts during the half time show that you could consider washed up. The NFL wants the nastalgia thing, that’s what will Bring in more viewers. They don’t care if guys like us watch, we are going to watch the game no matter what, they want more eye balls, and this halftime show will definitely do that 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simstim said:

I long since gave up complaining about who was likely on. If I don't like it, I can ignore it/ chat to friends whilst it's on. Most of the artists that have appeared don't get me terribly excited is all.

But Dre, Snoop and the rest properly do. There were a huge part of my musical upringing as was grunge, 70s/80s rock and metal.

If Pearl Jam or the Foos ever do the half time show, I may just lose my sh stuff.

its so doable....The Strokes, Foo Fighters, Jack White BOOM off goes roof LOL

Edited by Muppy

What they should really do is compile a couple different artists from different genres and put it to a fan vote. 

Voting should begin at the start of the season and continue until mid season. 

Let the fans decide who should be performing at half. 

• Like (+1) 1