Super Bowl Halftime: Dr Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J Blige

DrDawkinstein

That is an awful lineup. Disappointing once again. I’ll be muting half time while we win the Super Bowl this year!!! Let’s Go Bills! 

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

better than cold play i guess and that ####### from last year

Cold Play and last year were hands down the worst they ever had. I feel this years might top them though 😂

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Not gonna lie, probably one of the better line ups from memory.

It’s nice to know who I’ll be missing while I take a bathroom break and refresh food and drink on way the the glorious second half watching the Bills run away to the SB Trophy ceremony! THAT is when the MVP chant will make me cry! It’s been a long time coming! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I went to college during the disco era and have hated popular music ever since.

I'd rather see Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jerry Garcia, Jim Morrison & the Doors...  Now that would be a halftime show! 

Maybe they could add Kurt Cobain for the younger crowd.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'd rather see Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jerry Garcia, Jim Morrison & the Doors...  Now that would be a halftime show! 

I hear seats in Heaven are half price off right now! That would be one heck of a show! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

who?  Must be some sort of concession to NFLPA.

Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige, and Kendrick Lamar.   

23 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're gonna need to pull up a seat.    I’ve got some Cobain news for you 

• Haha (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

If you were really ambitious, you could see all of them tonight!

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Man, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but all those people died years ago. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Nope, the last time the Bills played in the Super Bowl, and Michael Jackson was the halftime entertainment, was in Atlanta in the Georgia Dome, which no longer exists.  I was there. Called my brother at halftime on a pay phone (!) to talk about the Bills 13-7 halftime lead instead of watching the King of Pop. 

Pre-game show was on a stage shaped like the state of Georgia and featured Georgia Satellites and Charlie Daniels. I watched that. 

Sorry but I was at both 27 in Pasadena ( Michael Jackson was the halftime show and I was there listening to him warm up). I was actually get it ready to post about selling some memorabilia I got at the nfl auction at that super bowl on here. Then the next year 28 , I actually took mu parents to the Georgia dome and the half time show was all country performances. Bills were up at half and I went to get some stuff to eat etc, and halftime was not memorable. I do remember how the half started and then Thurman fumbling again and from that point he was out of the game mentally.  

Went to the NFL experience both years before the games and that’s how I got the memorabilia NFL auction.  I was looking at stuff and Michael Jackson was in a tent right. Next door in Pasadena playing stuff of the thriller album!  Will never forget 27 as the setting was beautiful ( terrible game)  halftime was amazing. No way to easily leave seats in the rose bowl as you have to completely leave thru tunnels under ground to get to concession stands and people are really packed into tiny seats there.  The Georgia dome was not so impressive and the dummies set off fireworks with tons of smoke pregame and the haziness never cleared to almost halftime. Yep , check google and history again , but you are mixing up performers.

Have lots of pics from the Pasadena game because that setting is amazing.  Had crazy experiences at both ( met jags owner Wayne weaver in Atlanta , had MEAN JOE GREENE , come up to my girlfriend on the plane flight to Pasadena and literally ask , as he was smiling , for her autograph because she looked like a young Hilary Clinton and she was on the cover of a mag he was reading at the time ! Haha!).  Forgive me for correcting things but being at both was a great personal time for me and I still remember them because of the Bills and those amazing trips to those games.  Best wishes, at least we both know how it felt coming out of those stadiums after the games ,,,,terrible ! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Nope, the last time the Bills played in the Super Bowl, and Michael Jackson was the halftime entertainment, was in Atlanta in the Georgia Dome, which no longer exists.  I was there. Called my brother at halftime on a pay phone (!) to talk about the Bills 13-7 halftime lead instead of watching the King of Pop. 

Pre-game show was on a stage shaped like the state of Georgia and featured Georgia Satellites and Charlie Daniels. I watched that. 

That halftime show was country acts.  Travis Tritt, Clint black, the Judds

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

That’s pop country and it all sucks.

That would qualify it for a halftime show then. 

16 minutes ago, BTB said:

Country music popularity is at an all-time high, yet when was the last time there was a country lineup for the SB halftime show?

I think Shania Twain was the last. Don’t remember the year though. 

• Agree 1