Getting under the skin of a younger Josh Allen - anyone seen this clip before?

butch rolle

15 minutes ago, 947 said:

He was aiming at the receiver underneath, but threw it about 6ft over his head. Having your feet that close together & throwing off the back foot will do that.

I thought maybe he was throwing to 88, who cut into the middle of the field instead of staying wide, where the pass went.  But it's also possible he was throwing it to the underneath receiver, as you said.

This is terrible play design too.  3 receivers went into routes, one guy at the top and the two in this picture.  Nobody over the middle.  The two guys in the picture are way too close to each other.  Bunch of Nebraska defenders over there.  Not a lot for Allen to work with.

Wyoming.PNG

23 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Somebody from that video got the last laugh.

"After missing the bulk of the 2021 NFL season, Nate Gerry landed a free-agent deal with the San Francisco 49ers. Now the former Eagles linebacker is on the open market again after being waived by the Niners per Adam Caplan.Jul 6, 2021"

I think Josh won the long game.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

I thought maybe he was throwing to 88, who cut into the middle of the field instead of staying wide, where the pass went.  But it's also possible he was throwing it to the underneath receiver, as you said.

Jacob Hollister!  I believe that was Allen's 2nd start as a college player in 2016; still wet behind the ears.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Speaking of Wyoming football couple of Josh's former teammates got talked about in GMFB for potentially having big games on Thursday. Josh Allen, Logan Wilson, and Andrew Wingard weirdly talented Wyoming team I guess.

Wyoming had a good team during Josh Allen's junior year, his senior year, not so much.

3 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I think the entire state of Nebraska actually 😃

Well , they do have Union Pacific, and the Spike, 😁

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Well , they do have Union Pacific, and the Spike, 😁

The Spike is in Promontory, Utah.  

I lived in Nebraska for 4 1/2 years and I loved it there.  I've lived in 8 states and Omaha was the city that reminded me most of Buffalo. Really.

But I also lived in Utah and I visited the national park where the spike is.

I have watched a lot of Josh tape from Wyoming and had never seen this.  I hesitated to post this as I was thinking it had already been shared on TSW.   Glad that you all liked it.  I totally agree - the fact that he made the tackle made me completely forget the INT.  "That's my quarterback".

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Spike is in Promontory, Utah.  

I lived in Nebraska for 4 1/2 years and I loved it there.  I've lived in 8 states and Omaha was the city that reminded me most of Buffalo. Really.

But I also lived in Utah and I visited the national park where the spike is.

The Spike is what Union Pacific calls their tower in North Platt Nebraska, where the largest train yard in the world is located, was there about a week and a half ish ago, have you been? 

Their words, not mine,, 

“Spike”, not the Golden Spike, to be clear, 👍

Go Bills!!!

36 minutes ago, mcjeff215 said:

I could have sworn NFL Josh did that once as well, I'm going to have to go dig through videos to see if I can find it now. 

If you’re talking about tossing a ball at someone, yes, he did it to a chiefs player in the AFC championship game.

If you’re talking about him tackling someone after intercepting him, I don’t recall that so I wouldn’t be able to help.

1 hour ago, butch rolle said:

I have watched a lot of Josh tape from Wyoming and had never seen this.  I hesitated to post this as I was thinking it had already been shared on TSW.   Glad that you all liked it.  I totally agree - the fact that he made the tackle made me completely forget the INT.  "That's my quarterback".

It reminds me of Jim Kelly.  He would switch to defense when opposition player caught his.

He broke the leg of one intercepting player although it was not intentional.