We Are Going To Be Super Bowl Champions

Irv

My sports therapist pushed me to talk about it.  She said; "I sense that someone you trusted may have hurt you in the past".  I explained that my boyhood idols were O.J. Simpson and Pete Rose.  She offered me a tissue as I pointed to the movie playing in my head.  I wasn't ready to talk yet.  All I could see was a bunch of demons skating around in the fog, large groups of people singing songs of thanks, and some guy named JoJo standing alone at a free throw line.   There were bats in the fog and some dude named John Y holding hostages for a few years.   Then everything went black for a while until a quirky tall man with a heavy Czech accent appeared.  At first, he appeared to be a savior, but ultimately he smacked me in the head, laughed and taunted me to wake up.  He asked if I was surprised when I looked in the crease?  No, not really, I said.  I knew it was coming.  It always does.  I pointed instead to a scene where Tommy Chong is defending a woman who is having a hard time processing things going on around her.  He says; "hey leave her alone man, she's been through a lot in a short period of time".  Yeah, I can relate...

And so she kindly removed her Denver Broncos hat and said she kind of understood, but offered hope.  I told her that all I wanted at that moment was something to quench my thirst.  I felt like I had been walking aimlessly in a desert for 17 years.  She offered me a glass of lukewarm water.  It felt like it probably belonged to someone else, but I didn't care.  It tasted great. I actually enjoyed the warm feeling and relief, but I sensed it wasn't real.  She suggested that I may have some very deeply rooted trust issues.  Then she showed me something new and asked, in kind of a familiar voice... "Do you believe in miracles?"  No...  not yet.  I still have those damn trust issues.  Can I see a little more first?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think this team can be great, no doubt... but we've only beat the fins and the no-names and are 2-1. I don't see how anyone can dismiss the Rams right now, and we still need to see more from our Bills when we play KC, Tenn, and Tampa.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

I think this team can be great, no doubt... but we've only beat the fins and the no-names and are 2-1. I don't see how anyone can dismiss the Rams right now, and we still need to see more from our Bills when we play KC, Tenn, and Tampa.

We are about to find out soon. I expect the Bills to handle business against the Texans but B2B primetime road games vs KC and TEN will say a lot. Hoping they get both but a split in those games is acceptable as well.  Looking at the schedule at KC, TEN, TB, NO are the toughest games left.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We are about to find out soon. I expect the Bills to handle business against the Texans but B2B primetime road games vs KC and TEN will say a lot. Hoping they get both but a split in those games is acceptable as well.  Looking at the schedule at KC, TEN, TB, NO are the toughest games left.

Totally. We have a pretty easy schedule this year outside of those games. Must be what NE got used to for 20 years playing in the AFC east.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, QCity said:

Let's at least beat a team that has their starting QB playing before we decide to jinx the season.

9 hours ago, Putin said:

Exactly ^^^^ 

Lets beat the Chiefs and then we talk !!! 

We did, we knocked him out in the 1st q. Go away with your weak sauce and get PUMPED!

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

We do but so do the Browns, Chiefs, Rams, Bucs, Packers.

Go be a fan of one of them then!

1 hour ago, eball said:

He ain’t Josh.  It’s a new era.

Actual it's now Highmark!

Edited by sunshynman
spacing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

One game at a time...

Three weeks in my top 4 teams are Buffalo, Cleveland, LA Rams, and Dallas.  KC, Baltimore, Green Bay, Arizona are all in the conversation as well. 

Cleveland could definitely give us problems. I moved back north for this run. It was always supposed to be this season.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

We did, we knocked him out in the 1st q. Go away with your weak sauce and get PUMPED!

Why would I be a fan of them. Looking at it objectively those teams do have as good a chance as the Bills. The Bills are probably one of 5 or 6 teams that can realistically win the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

If not this year, within the next 10. Josh Allen will deliver Buffalo a lombardi, not a matter of if, but when. 

There were a lot of fans, myself included, who said the same thing right around 1988.  There are so many variables including “luck”, that you just don’t know. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/30/2021 at 9:15 AM, Greg S said:

Why would I be a fan of them. Looking at it objectively those teams do have as good a chance as the Bills. The Bills are probably one of 5 or 6 teams that can realistically win the Super Bowl.

Blah blah with reality (I agree logically). This was a pump up "WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL" thread. So I was giving all the logic replies sh*t! 🤪

On 9/30/2021 at 9:42 AM, BTB said:

There were a lot of fans, myself included, who said the same thing right around 1988.  There are so many variables including “luck”, that you just don’t know. 

I Hear you, a few things are different this time around IMO. 
1. There's nobody on this team with a "me first" attitude... and attitude is everything. 

2. McDermott is not Levy. 
3. Josh to date has more intangibles than Jim had... ( hope he doesn't end up like Marino, IE. Never having a running game)

Edited by DeltaDigital

On 9/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, eball said:

Nobody has the QB we have. And that will be the difference. 

17 will be the difference as long as the OL allows it.  That’s the only think I worry about.  17 running for his life like he did week 1 and in the AFCCG.  

On 9/30/2021 at 6:10 AM, sunshynman said:

Actual it's now Highmark!

He’s not talking about the stadium.  He’s talking about me.  

• Like (+1) 1

Irv gets a smiley face just because he used the British version of skeptic. I had to look it up just to be sure I was reading correctly.

For a brief moment I was wondering why Irv might be referring to himself as a waste treatment tank! 😀