Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

Sad night for me... glad we got the win for his last game but damn am I ever going to miss him and his voice, from a kid to almost SS. I hope he'll at least attend some games next season, I wish him the best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

I didn't think i was going to get that emotional.

That's a voice that's been with me for 35+ years.

Sneaking my walkman under my pillow to listen to games as a kid to being an adult with Briere, Drury Max and those magical playoff calls.

I get chills just thinking about them.

I just hope he lives long enough to for them to win one for him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

That was a good win.  Most of the game it felt like the bounces and the momentum were not going our way.  It was good to see them be able to turn that around.  

When watching the Sabres games, just for fun at the halfway mark into the first period, I will make my prediction for the final score. For quite a while, those predictions were pretty good.  If we weren’t going that night, it was obvious right out of the gate.  

Later this season I was pleasantly surprised several times that they were able to overcome slow starts and turn the game their way.  This is a very good sign, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

well deserved! He had an unbelievable season.

rochester won their game 8-1 last night, so now they wait on the Belleville/Toronto game. If Toronto loses in regulation, Rochester makes the playoffs. If Toronto wins or gets it to OT, Rochester is eliminated. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Looks like the Amerks are gonna sneak into the playoffs after all. Marlies down 3 with a couple minute left. We get to see Samuellsen and Krebs join the boys in Rochester for the playoffs. Nice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Looks like the Amerks are gonna sneak into the playoffs after all. Marlies down 3 with a couple minute left. We get to see Samuellsen and Krebs join the boys in Rochester for the playoffs. Nice.

Great.  There was a lot of hand-wringing after they fired the previous HC.