Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well, here is what I actually posted 

“While the Eichel shots here are understandable, It would be nice to see that fade away with a bit more time. “

Keep in mind too that trades take time to evaluate so you may not get the last laugh.  Tage has shown that.  

Gloat away!  Enjoy the moment!  Live your life around hopes for Jack’s misery, if you wish.

Based on replies I guess, for this group, I was wrong to point out that I thought we should start to move on.  I am just of the opinion that failing to do so reflects poorly on Sabres fans.  I could be wrong

The air must be nice up there! Guy is a complete a hole, perfectly understandable for the majority of us to be happy about his new team failing. No need to try and place a level of importance that is completely unnecessary. It’s sports, we’re not here for morality points. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

We just found out last night that Vegas is missing the playoffs. So to expect people not to do a bit of gloating barely 12 hours later, after everything Eichel said+did, I think is unrealistic.

And we still don’t even know for 100% sure we get the VGK 1st round pick until after the draft lottery. They only have a 0.5% chance of moving up but if they do we don’t get their draft pick this year.

So the Eichel saga isn’t even closed yet. I think more fans will move on once it’s officially behind us. But I don’t see anything wrong with fans getting their shots in today.

Eichel quit on this team and its fans well before he hurt his neck and then spent six months throwing the team under the bus over his surgery, continued to lie about it on a Chris Weidman podcast after resuming playing, and then saw fit to insult the fans after his return to Buffalo with Vegas. 

He deserves every last ounce of derision coming his way from this fan base and he has only himself to blame for that because he’s a classless individual. Once a masshole, always a masshole. 

F U Eichhole.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well enjoy then I guess. Seems petty to me but so does my ex.  Different strokes for different folks.

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

It does take maturity to move on from a failed relationship.  That’s a good point.

Well, my goodness, aren’t we all fortunate an adult chose to enter the conversation and put us in our immature places!!

• Haha (+1) 3

I saw something, maybe in this thread idk... but a bunch of kids were waiting on ol Jack to come out and talk with them, take some pics, autographs, etc. and the mofo stuck his face out, took one look, and booked. 

Any idea why this guy is despised in Buffalo after something like that? I hope the guy turns into the Johnny Manziel of the NHL.

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

I saw something, maybe in this thread idk... but a bunch of kids were waiting on ol Jack to come out and talk with them, take some pics, autographs, etc. and the mofo stuck his face out, took one look, and booked. 

Any idea why this guy is despised in Buffalo after something like that? I hope the guy turns into the Johnny Manziel of the NHL.

Can’t see the Menziel comparison because Eichel is a genuinely talented player at the NHL level whereas Johnny Football should have quit after college. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Can’t see the Menziel comparison because Eichel is a genuinely talented player at the NHL level whereas Johnny Football should have quit after college. 

Comparison is that they are both self centered jerks.... and they both have/had talent but one, at least so far, has frittered it away.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Comparison is that they are both self centered jerks.... and they both have/had talent but one, at least so far, has frittered it away.

As people, perhaps I can see the comparison. As professional athletes in their respective sports, I don’t see it at all. They are night and day in terms of both talent and performance as pros. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, eball said:

Well, my goodness, aren’t we all fortunate an adult chose to enter the conversation and put us in our immature places!!

Hey man, you’re welcome.  Initially I thought it was a generational take but then you made me realize it was maturity

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

As people, perhaps I can see the comparison. As professional athletes in their respective sports, I don’t see it at all. They are night and day in terms of both talent and performance as pros. 

Okay

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

This is the first time in 10 years that im kind of mad that the season is ending.

They are fun to watch, 

This is the first time in at least 10 years that I feel "good" about the general state of things heading into the off-season, and like we are some kind of a solid path moving forward.

LOL.  No joke!

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

RJs last game. 

I'm going to watch the game with the draft off to the side on mute... we have to win tonight, just Have to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

RJs last game. 

Today, I spoke to my brother who moved to Florida 30 years ago.    He hasn't followed the Sabres since he left, but when I mentioned that tonight was the last game of the season and their play-by-play guy was retiring after 51 years (assuming he'd long ago forgot who that was), this is what he said:

"Rick Jeanneret!!   Oh, wow!   I remember when we were kids and used to lay in bed at night and listen to the Sabres games when they played on the road against the Canucks, California Golden Seals or the LA Kings.   Rick made those games so exciting!    I loved how we listened to him in the dark in our little bedroom."

It really hit home.    How much he means to so many people and the memories that evokes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It feels so weird knowing that this is the last game I get to listen to RJ call. I’ve been listening to him call Sabres games for most of my life, first on the radio then on TV.

I’m going to miss him! Still holding out hope he will come back for a playoff series if the Sabres make it in the near future.

Get the win for RJ boys!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Today, I spoke to my brother who moved to Florida 30 years ago.    He hasn't followed the Sabres since he left, but when I mentioned that tonight was the last game of the season and their play-by-play guy was retiring after 51 years (assuming he'd long ago forgot who that was), this is what he said:

"Rick Jeanneret!!   Oh, wow!   I remember when we were kids and used to lay in bed at night and listen to the Sabres games when they played on the road against the Canucks, California Golden Seals or the LA Kings.   Rick made those games so exciting!    I loved how we listened to him in the dark in our little bedroom."

It really hit home.    How much he means to so many people and the memories that evokes.

Exact same story with my brother and I. It's going to get a little dusty later tonight when RJ signs off.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It feels so weird knowing that this is the last game I get to listen to RJ call. I’ve been listening to him call Sabres games for most of my life, first on the radio then on TV.

I’m going to miss him! Still holding out hope he will come back for a playoff series if the Sabres make it in the near future.

Get the win for RJ boys!

The transistor radio days... Was pretty cool to see that Josh brought Elam to the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

The transistor radio days... Was pretty cool to see that Josh brought Elam to the game.

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Exact same story with my brother and I. It's going to get a little dusty later tonight when RJ signs off.

Yeah it’s really starting to hit home now with less than 10 minutes left.

Damn Bills keep trading back too 😂 

this was so cool. Loved seeing all the player reactions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1