Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

For what it's worth, they were loud and proud on the tv broadcast.  This was mentioned multiple times during postgame player and coach interviews.  I think they should all get a patch for attending this game

You could see it on their faces during the stick salute. Those thing always seem so phony and forced to me, but that one last night was 100% genuine. 

16 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

For what it's worth, they were loud and proud on the tv broadcast.  This was mentioned multiple times during postgame player and coach interviews.  I think they should all get a patch for attending this game

That sends a loud message to the Pegula's. Buffalo is a great sports town with passionate fans so to see a small crowd for the opener is surprising despite the Sabres struggles.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

They looked really good last night. If they keep playing like that they’ll start winning back the fan base. 

That’s what “earning it” looks like and it looks like KA and Donnie Meatballs have these guys buying into that mantra. 

I haven’t seen Okposo move like that since his Islander days. If he keeps that up, he’s gonna have a monster year. I worry about his health though.

• Like (+1) 1

was a big Sabres fan for years,  last few have sucked the wind outta me.    i really started to dislike the team,  Eichel,  etc.    what i saw last night has me interested again.  not just cuz of the win,  but they played friggen hard,   they earned that win.   dunno if the Habs are good or not,  ive heard theyre expected to be a bottom 10 team.   regardless,  Sabres put in that kinda effort night after night,  they will win the fans back.    cautiously optimistic.    

also,  very happy for Okposo,  he seems to have found the fountain of youth.   hes been a whipping boy for a few seasons,  rightfully or not.   still happy for him.

Edited by bigduke6

Maybe Don Granato really is the right guy to get this turned around.

I sure hope he is.

I really wish his play on the ice came anywhere near the heart and character he has always shown. Hopefully he can stay out there for most of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Greg S said:

That sends a loud message to the Pegula's. Buffalo is a great sports town with passionate fans so to see a small crowd for the opener is surprising despite the Sabres struggles.

The Pegulas don't play the games. They already did their job flushing Botterill out. Fixing the team is not a flipping a switch. Just be patient.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

The Pegulas don't play the games. They already did their job flushing Botterill out. Fixing the team is not a flipping a switch. Just be patient.

I agree, but after ten years a lot of Sabres' fans are neuralgic about the p word.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good lord, I know exactly one of those songs.  I am old. 🙁

If Craig Anderson ever throws one into the empty net, at least you stand a chance of knowing that old guy’s song. 

That said, by my math I see 3 songs over 30 years old. So there’s at least somewhat of a chance for you there. And by the way, I’m just as clueless on the list as you are. 

My personal favorite on the list is Rasmussen Dahlin. 

10 hours ago, shrader said:

I really wish his play on the ice came anywhere near the heart and character he has always shown. Hopefully he can stay out there for most of the season. 

If he was making say, $3M instead of $6M I think he’d be a fan favorite.

I hope he can stay healthy this season as well.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sabres on NHL Network at 1pm this afternoon vs the Coyotes.

Just looked. It’s also on MSG (at least in the local market). 

BTW, did you see this?

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-national-tv-schedule-2021-22-espn-hulu-tnt/c-326166946

there are 8 Sabres games that will appear exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu. So even if you get MSG or NHL network, or you pay for ESPN with your cable subscription, you won’t get those games.

That’s some BS.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

BTW, did you see this?

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-national-tv-schedule-2021-22-espn-hulu-tnt/c-326166946

there are 8 Sabres games that will appear exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu. So even if you get MSG or NHL network, or you pay for ESPN with your cable subscription, you won’t get those games.

That’s some BS.

Yes it's really confusing this year. Luckily I get all those services. But still.

• Like (+1) 1

BTW, did you see this?

That’s some BS.

I have it on msg on Directv through the center ice free preview right now

If he was making say, $3M instead of $6M I think he’d be a fan favorite.

I hope he can stay healthy this season as well.

As a cap floor team right now, we’re at a point where fans shouldn’t worry one bit about an excessive contract. That deal actually helps the team at this point. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Just 1?

Whoops!  Upon further review, I realize I know the Proclaimers song, but only since I first heard it linked to the Molson Canadian commercial.  The only one I truly knew was 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet', BTO, a staple of Canadian classic rock, and only a half step behind 'Takin' Care of Business', which is a staple at Canadian wedding receptions. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013