Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So if Florida ends up getting swept by TB tonight, Buffalo would end up getting their R1 #25?  I wasn’t sure, but was guessing based on FL potentially being the 1st out of the final 8 eliminated.

The pick would be 28th.  Only the final 4 get re-slotted at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So if Florida ends up getting swept by TB tonight, Buffalo would end up getting their R1 #25?  I wasn’t sure, but was guessing based on FL potentially being the 1st out of the final 8 eliminated.

Because they won the presidents trophy, they highest they can pick is 28th. So if they’re eliminated the pick is #28 as May Day mentioned.

• Like (+1) 1

The Amerks got smoked in the second period last night.  I am hoping to see a more competitive game tonight.  

1. Quinn has been largely invisible.  There is speculation he's playing through injury.  I hope thats the case, as strange as that sounds.  

2. Peterka looks dangerous every time he has the puck. He's the real deal.

3. Ruotsalainen, despite his production, belongs in the A and I don't think I can be convinced otherwise.  I just don't see it 5 v 5.  Hes scored some nice PP goals but he does nothing for me.  

4. Krebs has flashed from time to time but he is largely ineffective.  I thought he looked better playing against NHLers than he has in the few games I've seen of him in Rochester.

5. Aaron Dell just isn't good enough.  At anything.  For anything. 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The Amerks got smoked in the second period last night.  I am hoping to see a more competitive game tonight.  

1. Quinn has been largely invisible.  There is speculation he's playing through injury.  I hope thats the case, as strange as that sounds.  

2. Peterka looks dangerous every time he has the puck. He's the real deal.

3. Ruotsalainen, despite his production, belongs in the A and I don't think I can be convinced otherwise.  I just don't see it 5 v 5.  Hes scored some nice PP goals but he does nothing for me.  

4. Krebs has flashed from time to time but he is largely ineffective.  I thought he looked better playing against NHLers than he has in the few games I've seen of him in Rochester.

5. Aaron Dell just isn't good enough.  At anything.  For anything. 

Always loved that guy. Called him the “Fake Ristolainen”. I guess he’s the only one now 😂 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

With the panthers getting swept last night, the Sabres draft position is finalized for all 3 first round picks.

They will pick #9, #16 and #28 (unless they trade one of the picks, obviously).

And #41 (The Sabres pick in the 2nd rd.) So 4 picks in the top 41. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why so high in round 2?

We finished 9th from the bottom. So our first 4 picks are #9, #16 (VGK pick from Eichel trade), and #28 (FLA pick from Sam Reinhart trade), and the 9th pick in the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We finished 9th from the bottom. So our first 4 picks are #9, #16 (VGK pick from Eichel trade), and #28 (FLA pick from Sam Reinhart trade), and the 9th pick in the 2nd round.

I somehow misread your original as saying we had round 2 pick 2.  Not sure how I did that.

Very low benchmark for a hallowed honor tbh.  Sabres hof?  Sure.  He won't even be in the hhof.  No championships.  Won the vezina but was only in the top 5 once.  

The sabres' retired numbers are so gunked up.  What's going to happen if they have glory years?

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Very low benchmark for a hallowed honor tbh.  Sabres hof?  Sure.  He won't even be in the hhof.  No championships.  Won the vezina but was only in the top 5 once.  

The sabres' retired numbers are so gunked up.  What's going to happen if they have glory years?

Look at his overall body of work. The silver medal in the 2010 Olympics is a prime example. I know. "He should have won the Gold". But if it wasn't for Miller, the US would not have been in the Gold medal game. 

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

They needed to take on salary to get to the cap floor. Nothing like $26 million to do just that. 

Meh. I’d rather use the cap space for a player that can actually contribute, not just sit on injured reserve. Or at least get more than a 7th round pick for helping Dallas get cap compliant, especially now with cap space at such a premium.

I am not a big fan of these Ottawa style moves to hit the salary cap floor by sending as little money as possible. I’d rather see them overpay for a starting caliber goaltender to actually play for them.

Its not that big of a deal though. The Sabres still have tons of cap space. But this makes me think they likely plan to be a salary cap floor team again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1