Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

Sabres picking 9th and 16th. They officially get the VGK 1st (#16)

I’m happy with that. I would’ve been so aggravated if the VGK won a lottery pick with their 0.5% odds. I’ve seen some Sabres fans on social media saying that they wanted VGK to win so we could have an unprotected 1st next year but I disagree. I’d much rather take the guaranteed #16 pick this year. It’s already better than I expected it to be. Plus now we can put the Eichel saga behind us.

This draft looks like it has really nice depth. Buffalo should get a chance to draft 2 really good players with those 2 picks, and even with Florida’s late 1st and their own 2nd. Excited to see what they do!

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

wonder if they go after Trotz? I have to think they do.

If it happens it will be interesting to see how Eichel handles playing for a coach with such a rigid system.

I hope they don’t land Trotz though. I think he would be really good for that team + locker room, especially after they’ve lost so many of the ‘glue’ guys they once had.

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

they did it!!

The last two have been some ugly hockey games.  Fluky goals, sloppy defense.  The ice must suck because pucks are hopping all over the place and guys are fanning on shots and passing attempts left and right. 

Quinn has largely been invisible 5 on 5 but Peterka is flashing nearly every time he gets on the ice.  The Utica team is way bigger and more physical and they've been manhandling Quinn and Peterka.  Krebs has not been as visible as I would like to see.  Some nice passes but I thought he would be able to control play more at this level.

Fitzgerald, surprisingly enough, has looked great.  I admire his willingness to drop the gloves but I'm pretty sure he likes getting his ass kicked at this point.  

Looking forward to watch them vs Laval.  

On 5/16/2022 at 2:07 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

6gcqqv.jpg

Bylsma, Housely, and Krueger were/are all terrible coaches.

Ralph Krueger is quite possibly the most inept HC in Sabres history.

Deboer is in a separate league from the Sabres coaches, but the team has been underperforming for a while now after a dream start to their existence so it was probably time to make a switch.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Deboer is in a separate league from the Sabres coaches, but the team has been underperforming for a while now after a dream start to their existence so it was probably time to make a switch.

I still don't know what they were thinking when they fired Gallant.  VGK deserves misery.

Edited by Jauronimo

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's a joke