Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great.  There was a lot of hand-wringing after they fired the previous HC. 

That’s because Taylor is a far better coach than Appert. Krueger saw him as a threat and had him jettisoned.  That said, the Amerks have battled a ton of adversity this season, especially with injuries, illness, and call ups. But they are finally back to being healthy and look to be rounding into form just in time if that 8-1 drubbing they handed Utica last night is indicative of anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

At the risk of re-igniting the anti Jack torches, I found this breakdown of the Trade interesting

Here is “The Hockey Guy’s” analysis of the Eichel impact on Vegas.  Hasn’t been too good.  The only issue I have with his take is he should mention, imo, that sometimes these things can look different over time.  So far though, Jack clearly has not paid off

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6LFJ3i0Ds

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Looks like the Amerks are gonna sneak into the playoffs after all. Marlies down 3 with a couple minute left. We get to see Samuellsen and Krebs join the boys in Rochester for the playoffs. Nice.

Official!!

awesome! Great experience for Krebs, Samuelsson, UPL, Fitzgerald, Peterka, Quinn (etc).

I really didn’t think they would make it. All Toronto needed was 1 point in their last 2 games.

• Like (+1) 2

2022 NHL draft lottery odds released.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-releases-2022-draft-lottery-odds?fbclid=IwAR2Q83BxHlImO0oGj5Ke_yRsB8Pi5PchlS_tDyRFsp3EuFuVvkVQEn47lHw

More in the article:

Of note, Chicago will transfer its 2022 pick to Columbus if they do not select in the top two picks. Vegas will transfer its first-round pick to Buffalo if they don't make it in the top 10.

1. Montreal Canadiens, 18.5%
2. Arizona Coyotes, 13.5%
3. Seattle Kraken, 11.5%
4. Philadelphia Flyers, 9.5%
5. New Jersey Devils. 8.5%
6. Chicago Blackhawks, 7.5%
7. Ottawa Senators, 6.5%
8. Detroit Red Wings, 6.0%
9. Buffalo Sabres, 5.0%
10. Anaheim Ducks, 3.5%
11. San Jose Sharks, 3.5%
12. Columbus Blue Jackets, 2.5%
13. New York Islanders, 2.0%
14. Winnipeg Jets, 1.5%
15. Vancouver Canucks, 0.5%
16. Vegas Golden Knights, 0.5%

1 hour ago, T&C said:

2022 NHL draft lottery odds released.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-releases-2022-draft-lottery-odds?fbclid=IwAR2Q83BxHlImO0oGj5Ke_yRsB8Pi5PchlS_tDyRFsp3EuFuVvkVQEn47lHw

More in the article:

Of note, Chicago will transfer its 2022 pick to Columbus if they do not select in the top two picks. Vegas will transfer its first-round pick to Buffalo if they don't make it in the top 10.

1. Montreal Canadiens, 18.5%
2. Arizona Coyotes, 13.5%
3. Seattle Kraken, 11.5%
4. Philadelphia Flyers, 9.5%
5. New Jersey Devils. 8.5%
6. Chicago Blackhawks, 7.5%
7. Ottawa Senators, 6.5%
8. Detroit Red Wings, 6.0%
9. Buffalo Sabres, 5.0%
10. Anaheim Ducks, 3.5%
11. San Jose Sharks, 3.5%
12. Columbus Blue Jackets, 2.5%
13. New York Islanders, 2.0%
14. Winnipeg Jets, 1.5%
15. Vancouver Canucks, 0.5%
16. Vegas Golden Knights, 0.5%

The draft odds are updated daily.......and quite rapidly after game results........all season at https://tankathon.com/nhl  and you can spin the lottery simulator until it comes up Buffalo at #1 and they have mock drafts based on the projections etc..

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nhl-playoff-tv-schedule-2022-espn-abc-tnt-tbs-hulu-streaming/

NHL playoff TV schedule. Games start tonight!!

There are some good first round matchups. I’m actually looking forward to most of them. 

I'm looking forward to them for the first time in awhile.  I think with the Sabres being more relevant and creeping back into the picture I've been getting back into hockey in general.  That plus there will be full, packed barns now after all the Covid BS the last couple years.  Playoff hockey wasn't meant to be played in front of empty arenas.  

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm looking forward to them for the first time in awhile.  I think with the Sabres being more relevant and creeping back into the picture I've been getting back into hockey in general.  That plus there will be full, packed barns now after all the Covid BS the last couple years.  Playoff hockey wasn't meant to be played in front of empty arenas.  

The empty buildings, especially at playoff time, were definitely enthusiasm killers! 

Watching Boston vs. Carolina as I type; really looking forward to Edmonton vs. LA tonight at 10pm!

• Like (+1) 1

Just a heads up for anyone interested. Kevyn Adams and Don Granato are meeting with the media for their year end PC at 11am today.

edit - link: Granato up 1st

Kevyn Adams:

Edited by BillsFan4

It’s funny, the playoff game I was least looking forward to last night ended up being the most exciting by far (LA vs. Edmonton).

Boston/Carolina was close for a bit, but otherwise all the other games were kind of blow outs.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:15 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Surprised Tre White wasn't with them.

Yeah it’s really starting to hit home now with less than 10 minutes left.

Damn Bills keep trading back too 😂 

this was so cool. Loved seeing all the player reactions.

Big, dramatic win in Rochester last night!  

Game 2 is Friday night at 7pm in Belleville.

Of note: the bigger the game got last night, the more the pressure, the better Peyton Krebs seemed to play.  There are a number of young kids in the pipeline now that seem like gamers.

We haven't players like that in a decade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Big, dramatic win in Rochester last night!  

Game 2 is Friday night at 7pm in Belleville.

Of note: the bigger the game got last night, the more the pressure, the better Peyton Krebs seemed to play.  There are a number of young kids in the pipeline now that seem like gamers.

We haven't players like that in a decade.

It's feeling like the years prior to Ryan Miller becoming a pro. Although we have more prospects so maybe like the Marty years in Rochester. 

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Really happy that the Amerks won and advanced. Utica will be a tough draw in the next round.

I’ve never understood why the Sabres don’t put Rochester’s games on MSG, especially playoff games. I think ratings would be quite high with Sabres fans cheering on the next generation.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Really happy that the Amerks won and advanced. Utica will be a tough draw in the next round.

I’ve never understood why the Sabres don’t put Rochester’s games on MSG, especially playoff games. I think ratings would be quite high with Sabres fans cheering on the next generation.

Likely because, as a ticket-driven league, it could possibly hurt attendance.

• Like (+1) 1