Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

With Vegas missing, the better draft pick is a nice bonus.  While the Eichel shots here are understandable, It would be nice to see that fade away with a bit more time.  

To my ears it is starting to sound like someone constantly slamming their Ex.  The relationship is done, let’s consider moving on.  Cash in that round 1 draft pick, keep progressing, and get our kicks from our team’s upcoming success.  

After a year of hearing about how badly the organization handled the situation, candle light vigils for Eichel, he and his agents litigating the matter through the media, hearing about how got robbed in the trade, and Jack's infamous post game presser after returning to Buffalo its a big ask that we as fans just move on from the whole saga before the season is even over.

Eichel was the face of the franchise for 7 years.  The way we drafted him via the tank shaped the last 7 years and trading him shapes the fate of two franchises for the next 5 to 7 years. Like it or not, the Sabres and Eichel will be linked until the end of Tuch, Krebs, Jack's careers and even beyond, until the draft picks pan out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Bob, it’s still too fresh and we were all told how dumb and awful the Sabres were for mistreating Jack and getting fleeced I’m the trade. It feels really good to watch how the tide has turned and telling everyone to keep quiet about it is premature. 

People will be evaluating Eichel and this trade for years.

Well enjoy then I guess. Seems petty to me but so does my ex.  Different strokes for different folks.

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well enjoy then I guess. Seems petty to me but so does my ex.  Different strokes for different folks.

Weren't you the guy who was sick of having the Patriots as a "doormat" after we blew them out once in 20 years?

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

With Vegas missing, the better draft pick is a nice bonus.  While the Eichel shots here are understandable, It would be nice to see that fade away with a bit more time.  

To my ears it is starting to sound like someone constantly slamming their Ex.  The relationship is done, let’s consider moving on.  Cash in that round 1 draft pick, keep progressing, and get our kicks from our team’s upcoming success.  

I think the shots at Eichole will wane as he matures, stops taking veiled shots at Buffalo in pressers and stops pouting on the ice.

So probably never.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think the shots at Eichole will wane as he matures, stops taking veiled shots at Buffalo in pressers and stops pouting on the ice.

So probably never.

It does take maturity to move on from a failed relationship.  That’s a good point.

47 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You would have to refresh my memory on that. I don’t recall that conversation 

Someone on this board thought the gloating after smacking the Patriots in the regular season rematch was extremely petty (after 20 years of Belichick running up the score on us) and lamented how boring it was to beat them convincingly.  They were already hoping for the Pats to bounce back to competitiveness for a AFCE rivalry. I believe it was you.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Someone on this board thought the gloating after smacking the Patriots in the regular season rematch was extremely petty (after 20 years of Belichick running up the score on us) and lamented how boring it was to beat them convincingly.  They were already hoping for the Pats to bounce back to competitiveness for a AFCE rivalry. I believe it was you.

Don’t think so.  I have some beer aided posts around though so I asked you to refresh my memory.  The post you reference does not sound like my sentiments of the Pats games so I am feeling more confident saying you are remembering wrong

We just found out last night that Vegas is missing the playoffs. So to expect people not to do a bit of gloating barely 12 hours later, after everything Eichel said+did, I think is unrealistic.

And we still don’t even know for 100% sure we get the VGK 1st round pick until after the draft lottery. They only have a 0.5% chance of moving up but if they do we don’t get their draft pick this year.

So the Eichel saga isn’t even closed yet. I think more fans will move on once it’s officially behind us. But I don’t see anything wrong with fans getting their shots in today.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

I get what you are saying...

but, I dont like Eichel.  I didn't like him when he was on the Sabres.  Terrible leadership is clear.  Doesn't seem to be a good teammate, and some things I heard from friends in the local media supported all that.  

Add in the games that he played, apparently wanting out a few years ago, fairly fresh off of willingly signing an 8-year $80 Million contract.  Then all the hijinks with how he and his agent played the neck angle with the media, along with the "victim tour" he went on the podcasts, with Friedman, etc.  It was easy for hockey media and fans everywhere to pile on the Sabres and take Eichel's side.  Just 2 months ago, the Sabres were inhuman monsters who took a player's well-being hostage and made a terrible trade giving up one of the surely all-time great players.  It is wonderful to see the perception change completely (at least for now).

Then he had the audacity to make those comments at Sabres fans.  I spent thousands and thousands on dead season tickets wishing for some reason to get excited.  He sucked... but showed just enough flash to justify trying to gift him a new coach or a new GM or a new Taylor Hall, etc.

Its good to have a villain.  Having villains in sports is hard to come by nowadays with everyone so highly paid and humanized.   

For the first time in 7-8? years, I have been following the NHL closely to root for Vegas to miss the playoffs.  Even watched a non-Sabres game for the 1st time in about 3 years.   

When Vegas is town next season I am sure going to attend the game and boo loudly.  The place is going to be packed and we will show him noise.  *excitement and people being invested cant hurt

In a perfect world, the Sabres make the playoffs before Eichel.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

We just found out last night that Vegas is missing the playoffs. So to expect people not to do a bit of gloating barely 12 hours later, after everything Eichel said+did, I think is unrealistic.

And we still don’t even know for 100% sure we get the VGK 1st round pick until after the draft lottery. They only have a 0.5% chance of moving up but if they do we don’t get their draft pick this year.

So the Eichel saga isn’t even closed yet. I think more fans will move on once it’s officially behind us. But I don’t see anything wrong with fans getting their shots in today.

Well, here is what I actually posted 

“While the Eichel shots here are understandable, It would be nice to see that fade away with a bit more time. “

Keep in mind too that trades take time to evaluate so you may not get the last laugh.  Tage has shown that.  

Gloat away!  Enjoy the moment!  Live your life around hopes for Jack’s misery, if you wish.

Based on replies I guess, for this group, I was wrong to point out that I thought we should start to move on.  I am just of the opinion that failing to do so reflects poorly on Sabres fans.  I could be wrong

• Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I get what you are saying...

but, I dont like Eichel.  I didn't like him when he was on the Sabres.  Terrible leadership is clear.  Doesn't seem to be a good teammate, and some things I heard from friends in the local media supported all that.  

Add in the games that he played, apparently wanting out a few years ago, fairly fresh off of willingly signing an 8-year $80 Million contract.  Then all the hijinks with how he and his agent played the neck angle with the media, along with the "victim tour" he went on the podcasts, with Friedman, etc.  It was easy for hockey media and fans everywhere to pile on the Sabres and take Eichel's side.  Just 2 months ago, the Sabres were inhuman monsters who took a player's well-being hostage and made a terrible trade giving up one of the surely all-time great players.  It is wonderful to see the perception change completely (at least for now).

Then he had the audacity to make those comments at Sabres fans.  I spent thousands and thousands on dead season tickets wishing for some reason to get excited.  He sucked... but showed just enough flash to justify trying to gift him a new coach or a new GM or a new Taylor Hall, etc.

Its good to have a villain.  Having villains in sports is hard to come by nowadays with everyone so highly paid and humanized.   

For the first time in 7-8? years, I have been following the NHL closely to root for Vegas to miss the playoffs.  Even watched a non-Sabres game for the 1st time in about 3 years.   

When Vegas is town next season I am sure going to attend the game and boo loudly.  The place is going to be packed and we will show him noise.  *excitement and people being invested cant hurt

In a perfect world, the Sabres make the playoffs before Eichel.  

Sam Rinehart made the playoffs before Eichel 😊

• Thank you (+1) 1