Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

Another nice win today! I got a little nervous when the NYI came back from a 4-1 deficit and made it 4-3 but then Skinner scored to make it 5-3 and that kind of killed the NYI push.

It was cool to see Buffalo kind of overwhelming the NYI with their forecheck like they used to do to us!

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Dude you're missing out on the beauty of Sports if you only watch your team when they are in the playoffs.  It has been such a fun season watching this team put everything together and climb out of the cellar.  

To be clear, I watched every single moment of the drought Bills teams.  I decided to limit myself to one project at a time in this regard.  Sabres are getting better though.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Tomorrow night is huge.  Vegas at Dallas.  If the Stars win it's almost certainly lights out in Vegas.

Laughed my ass off at Eichel being on the ice (and his post-goal reaction) for the Sharks' tying goal with 1 second left last night.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Tomorrow night is huge.  Vegas at Dallas.  If the Stars win it's almost certainly lights out in Vegas.

Laughed my ass off at Eichel being on the ice (and his post-goal reaction) for the Sharks' tying goal with 1 second left last night.

Was way too late for me to watch, I'm going to have the see the highlights of this one. 8:30 is just fine though for tomorrow night.

Edit: found it.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, T&C said:

Was way too late for me to watch, I'm going to have the see the highlights of this one. 8:30 is just fine though for tomorrow night.

Edit: found it.

Eichel was running around the defensive zone like a headless chicken when the tying goal was scored.  He had some nice chances in OT though.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yep. It all comes down to that game for Vegas. If they win they will be 1 point behind Dallas for the final wildcard spot. If they lose that’s pretty much it for them.

Right now:

LA sits in the 3rd playoff spot in the Pacific with 96pts.

Nashville is in the 1st wildcard spot with 94pts.

Dallas is in the final wildcard spot with 93pts.

Vegas is chasing with 90pts.

LA has 2 games left. The rest have 3.

If Dallas wins tomorrow I don’t think Vegas can catch them. It’s more/less a 4 point game.

Dallas would be at 95pts with a win tomorrow. Vegas would only have 2 games left. If Dallas wins in regulation I think that would be it for Vegas.

At this point the 3rd spot in the pacific looks like it’s the Kings. If LV happens to make the playoffs, they’ll likely face Colorado in the 1st round.

If they lose in the 1st round their pick would only be a spot or two higher than if they missed the playoffs completely. So even if they make it we still have decent odds at getting a pick in the teens. 

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Eichel was running around the defensive zone like a headless chicken when the tying goal was scored.  He had some nice chances in OT though.

Yeah, he will either win you OT with an amazing play or lose you OT with a horrible play (usually a very ill advised backhand pass right to the other team, or drop pass at the blue line with no one back to protect). 

Edited by BillsFan4

this one wasn’t as bad as some of the others as far as pushing the limits of the forward momentum rule. But it’s still BS. A goalie doesn’t really stand a chance on an attempt like this.

I really feel like they either need a shot clock on SO attempts or to send a defenseman to chase the shooter after he crosses the blue line.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

this one wasn’t as bad as some of the others as far as pushing the limits of the forward momentum rule. But it’s still BS. A goalie doesn’t really stand a chance on an attempt like this.

I really feel like they either need a shot clock on SO attempts or to send a defenseman to chase the shooter after he crosses the blue line.

They need a rule change. NHL is the one league I almost never trust to get it right (MLB is a close second, but I don't much care about baseball.)

• Like (+1) 1