Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

On 4/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, Doc said:

Portillo would be dumb to go back to school.  He'd practically be handed the starting job in Buffalo.

I disagree once Levon signs than Portillo time to be benched is ticking, that said I wish the Sabres could sign him or if not able to trade his rights for something. 

Edited by The Jokeman

7 hours ago, ALF said:

I was just amazed how great a skater Power is going backwards . He is destined for greatness at first impression especially at 6'6" he looked a natural for the NHL already.

He's a lovely skater and I thought he looked really good in that game against Toronto.  Way ahead of Dahlin at that stage of his career.

I'm not sure Portillo is ready for the NHL, or if the Sabres would even want him up in Buffalo, were he to leave school.

Goaltending takes time and I think they might want him to get some experience down in Rochester, but I honestly don't know their plans on that.

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I disagree once Levon signs than Portillo time to be benched is ticking, that said I wish the Sabres could sign him or if not able to trade his rights for something. 

I think he sees the Sabres are all-in on Levi, not him.  

I missed the game the other day but I'll see Power tonight. Should be a tough game, the Blues really need the game for their seeding so it'll be balls to the wall.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Another home game and RJ... not a lot going on right now so I'll have it on.

RJ sounds like he could broadcast for another 10 years. The man is a treasure. 

Nice to see Allen with Kelly and Thurman at the game. 

This Sabres team, to come back the way they did in the 2nd, this team is not the same Sabres team in the past. This just feels different. There's years of very good hockey to come!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Draconator said:

RJ sounds like he could broadcast for another 10 years. The man is a treasure. 

Nice to see Allen with Kelly and Thurman at the game. 

This Sabres team, to come back the way they did in the 2nd, this team is not the same Sabres team in the past. This just feels different. There's years of very good hockey to come!

Sweet win against dirty philly. I wonder if, after he retires, RJ will call a game next year if/hopefully we are in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, BillsFan4 said:

My dislike for the Islanders back then, was only topped by my loathing of the Flyers.  That said though, Bossy was the first player on an opposing team, in any sport for me, that I ever remember saying "wow, that guy is great".  I know Gretzky and Ovechkin will get all the headlines, but Bossy belongs right up there with the very elite goal scorers of all-time.  A great hockey player.  RIP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Vegas gets shut out again and Stars won. Stars now up 4 with a game in hand. Nothing could be finer than see ***** not in the playoffs

Don’t celebrate yet.

Unfortunately, the problem now is the friggin LA kings. They are kind of imploding and Drew Doughty just recently went out for the rest of the season (surgery). They’re 4-5-1 in their last 10 and Vegas is only 3 points behind them with 1 game in hand.

If Vegas passes them they take over 3rd in the division, so the wildcard won’t even matter and they’ll face an easier opponent in the 1st round. Instead of Colorado they’d face Edmonton.