Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, not the best first game for Owen Power to see in person 😂

As Lancaster is to Buffalo, I'm around that distance from Tampa. Ever heard of champa bay? I hear that ***** every ***** day. Watched more of the Masters to be honest.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Power is definitely stepping into a better situation than Dahlin did.

Dahlin has matured quite a bit... since Jackoff was traded. He is perfecting the spin move, love it every time I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

I like this pairing. Power has a lot of offense to his game but he’s not as offensively minded as Dahlin and could help open more of Joker’s offensive game. 

I also really like the potential of the Samuelsson-Dahlin pairing.

I think Samuelsson could be a great long term D partner for Dahlin. I’ve been wanting to see him with a good defensive defenseman for a while.

Samuelsson has been very impressive in his short time with Buffalo.

edit -

pretty cool. The vibe around this team is so much different than previous years.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 3

Great game. I was impressed with Power in his debut. He didn’t look like a rookie playing his first NHL game. That’s impressive, especially for a defenseman. What a play on that 2-on-1 to intercept that pass from Giordano to Matthews!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 3

Loved the Samuelsson/Dahlin pair tonight. Mule is a MAN on the ice and it’s no coincidence that Dahlin found all sorts of room tonight. Joker also played a heckuva game; one of his best this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's amazing how far the Sabres Defense corps has come from a few years ago

Seriously.  Dahlin, Power, Joker, Samuelsson…and Bryson and Fitzy have potential as well.  Amazing talent, youth, and depth.  But goaltending will continue to limit how far this team can go.  Really need UPL to take the next step next season.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Seriously.  Dahlin, Power, Joker, Samuelsson…and Bryson and Fitzy have potential as well.  Amazing talent, youth, and depth.  But goaltending will continue to limit how far this team can go.  Really need UPL to take the next step next season.

UPL is probably Ullmark if he hits his ceiling. He's okay as a tandem, I suppose. Need to sign or trade for a veteran. Throw money at Fleury for a few years. I like Kuemper, but  he is probably going to want longer term than you'd like and you'll have to overpay. Levi needs a few years to develop and maybe Portillo if he signs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

UPL is probably Ullmark if he hits his ceiling. He's okay as a tandem, I suppose. Need to sign or trade for a veteran. Throw money at Fleury for a few years. I like Kuemper, but  he is probably going to want longer term than you'd like and you'll have to overpay. Levi needs a few years to develop and maybe Portillo if he signs.

Just need to keep getting goaltending lottery tickets.  Its very unpredictable.  I remember when Enroth was looking like a future stud, Ullmark, UPL, Noranen... even Biron, although he had a decent enough NHL career.  Need to develop mass in that position and hope 1 or 2 really pan out at the NHL level.  Between Levi and Portillo, a really good chance neither amounts to anything worthwhile in the NHL.

In the near-term though, they are probably going to need to get aggressive whether its an overpayment to a UFA (hopefully without too much term), or a trade.  Hopefully all of Adyms' analytical guys can determine what are the best buys.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Just need to keep getting goaltending lottery tickets.  Its very unpredictable.  I remember when Enroth was looking like a future stud, Ullmark, UPL, Noranen... even Biron, although he had a decent enough NHL career.  Need to develop mass in that position and hope 1 or 2 really pan out at the NHL level.  Between Levi and Portillo, a really good chance neither amounts to anything worthwhile in the NHL.

In the near-term though, they are probably going to need to get aggressive whether its an overpayment to a UFA (hopefully without too much term), or a trade.  Hopefully all of Adyms' analytical guys can determine what are the best buys.

I essentially agree, though I have a gut feeling Levi is going to turn out the real deal.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Kinda makes you pine for the good old days of clutching, grabbing, neutral zone trap unwatchable hockey when goalies were a dime a dozen.