Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

On 3/11/2022 at 10:25 AM, Jauronimo said:

Can't help but think about what could have been had we won the lottery after the tank.  It should have been McDavid's prime we wasted with 7 years of futility!!!

True, though Edmonton hasn't done a lot with McDavid either...

It takes more than a few super stars---and Eichel is a LONG way away from the "generational talent" he was rumored to be.

He's probably the 10th best center in the league (or so).  Damn fine player, good for 1.3 points per game.  Can do a lot of winning with a guy like that, but to think of him as by far the best draft prospect in 20 years, as it turns out, is laughable....

PS:  He's right with what he said about that being the loudest game in Buffalo that he ever heard.  That building has been SILENT with the worst atmosphere in the league for over a decade now.  I and hundreds of other Sabres fans have been bitching about this at Sabres forums since long before we drafted Eichel.

Sure, he didn't "say the right thing" but I applaud him for speaking his mind.  He's a no-bull#### kind of guy.

I still can't believe we traded away by far our 2 best players (Eichel and Reinhart) and thought that would make the team better somehow....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It takes more than a few super stars---and Eichel is a LONG way away from the "generational talent" he was rumored to be.

He's probably the 10th best center in the league (or so).  Damn fine player, good for 1.3 points per game.  Can do a lot of winning with a guy like that, but to think of him as by far the best draft prospect in 20 years, as it turns out, is laughable....

PS:  He's right with what he said about that being the loudest game in Buffalo that he ever heard.  That building has been SILENT with the worst atmosphere in the league for over a decade now.  I and hundreds of other Sabres fans have been bitching about this at Sabres forums since long before we drafted Eichel.

Sure, he didn't "say the right thing" but I applaud him for speaking his mind.  He's a no-bull#### kind of guy.

I still can't believe we traded away by far our 2 best players (Eichel and Reinhart) and thought that would make the team better somehow....

OMG Eichel is a no BS guy?  He’s literally all BS off the ice.  

If the Sabres had landed McDavid maybe the completely inept Murray still screws it up……probably even…….but maybe the locker room isn’t so toxic that guys like ROR have to leave.  It’s hard to separate some of this stuff but one thing is for sure……Eichel is good riddance.

Julianne Pelusi
@JuliannePelusi

Just passed the Sabres getting onto the team bus to leave Tim Hortons Field, and one of them said “remember that one game the Bills played the Patriots? I think this might be windier.”

6:51 PM · Mar 12, 2022 from Hamilton, Ontario·Twitter for iPhone

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

Is this intermission at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd for ice maintenance? Outdoor games only?

Might be an outdoor rule to remove any wind advantage. Each team goes both ways for 30 minutes

On another note, why do our white jerseys look like they have been in our equipment bags for the last 5 weeks?

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's not about making the team better this year. The future looks good. Imagine if they had average goaltending all season. They would a .500 team. I think next year will be much better. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

As a long time season ticket holder, I can personally attest that Eichel is full of crap with that comment. 

12 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's definitely fun watching a young team learn how to win

They will have to prove it next year when the pressure is on. I have seen it to many times when bad teams out of the playoff race start to play well because their is no pressure on them. Lets see them do next year and actually win consistently while in a playoff race.

Edited by Greg S