Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

Allan Walsh
@walsha
I’m hearing this morning that several NHL owners are “very concerned and unhappy” with Gary Bettman’s leadership. I think even the owners realize it’s time for a change in the NHL and culture only changes from the top down. It is time to FIRE BETTMAN. 1/
Allan Walsh
@walsha
·
2h
Replying to
@walsha
From the way Gary has mismanaged the horrific events in Chicago to his refusing to acknowledge a link between traumatic brain injury and CTE, for doing nothing to help retired players, for calling the NHL a “family”, for the Dept of Player Suspensions, 2/
Allan Walsh
@walsha
·
2h
For the way the game is marketed, for the lack of any coherent global strategy, for turning his back on issues like painkiller, ambien and toradol abuse, for his lack of empathy and caring, for his 3 lockouts and all the lies. It’s time for Gary to go.

• Like (+1) 1

[quote]NRD says the framework of the reported Vegas-Buffalo deal that got held up on Friday was Eichel for Krebs, Tuch, Brisson OR Coghlan, and a conditional 1st based on Eichel’s playing time/availability 

Needless to say, it better not have been the Sabres who backed out on that.[/quote]

That would be a good haul for Eichel, let's hope Vegas keeps struggling and we can make it happen.

Well Skinner is already halfway to his goal total from last year. Good on ya, Jeff.  This pairing of Skinner and Tage is looking pretty ok and Cozens looked better without Skinner on his wing from what I saw, which was about 50% of the game due to distractions. 

Some bad puck luck on couple of the goals against.  Maybe one or two Anderson wants back. Some bouncing, fluttering pucks through screens.

Hertl is a stud.  He totally undressed Dahlin to put this game out of reach.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, Jauronimo said:

Jack Quinn and JJ Peterka are putting up some nice points in Rochester so far.  I wonder if we get to see Quinn at some point or if management is content to let him play another full year in the A?

I think they may want these two kids attached at the hip for the full year.  I'm ok if that's the plan, only call them up together.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Do we like the return on this trade given the circumstances?  I know nothing about Krebs or Tuch.

I'm fine with it. Not giddy, but more than OK.

Tuch will bring some jam and has offensive skill. Plus, my wife is a friend of one of his family members that live in our neighborhood. Maybe I can score some free tix out of this trade? LOL

Krebs is a work in progress but has skill and is a leader.

The first obviously remains to be seen.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m underwhelmed. I can’t believe it took this long to get that return. Why some team didn’t offer a deal like this (or better) long ago is beyond me. I guess teams really were scared by Eichel’s injury. But I can guarantee that there will be some GM’s wishing they would have beat this offer once Eichel is back on the ice.

Tuch is a nice top 6 W if he can stay healthy (3rd year in a row he’s missed significant time). And he grew up a Sabres fan, so I’m sure that held value to Kevyn Adams (him wanting players that are “proud to wear the Jersey”).

Krebs was VGK top prospect but he’s been struggling in the NHL this season. I really like him though. Definitely a nice piece to add.

The 1st will be a late pick but this looks like it could be a deep draft (definitely deeper than last year).

I was really hoping for at least 1 more big piece but it is what it is.

Definitely less than what Eichel is worth, but clearly the injury hurt the return.

No doubt Eichel is worth way more than this.

I just pray Krebs turns into something good. If he doesn’t this trade will hurt for many years to come.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m underwhelmed. I can’t believe it took this long to get that return. Why some team didn’t offer a deal like this (or better) long ago is beyond me. I guess teams really were scared by Eichel’s injury. But I can guarantee that there will be some GM’s wishing they would have beat this offer once Eichel is back on the ice.

Tuch is a nice top 6 W if he can stay healthy (3rd year in a row he’s missed significant time). And he grew up a Sabres fan, so I’m sure that held value to Kevyn Adams (him wanting players that are “proud to wear the Jersey”).

Krebs was VGK top prospect but he’s been struggling in the NHL this season.

The 1st will be a late pick but this looks like it could be a deep draft (definitely deeper than last year).

I was really hoping for at least 1 more big piece but it is what it is.

Definitely less than what Eichel is worth, but clearly the injury hurt the return.

No doubt Eichel is worth way more than this.

I just pray Krebs turns into something good. If he doesn’t this trade will hurt for many years to come.

I'm at the point of whatever. A couple decent pieces and a 1st rounder to cleanse the organization. I'll take it considering Jack's, IMO, ***** attitude and injury. I don't look at this as much different than when Beane came in and started trading the Bills more talented players. Culture obviously does matter. 

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 2