Josh's current statistical pace.

warrior9

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

After the game on Sunday I was thinking about just how far Josh has come in the last 2 years. I remembered the week 4 loss to the Pats*** in 2019 when he threw 3 picks and how his career numbers were pretty bad up to that point. Following that week 4 loss in 2019, Josh had 13 Passing TDs & 18 INTs in 15 career starts. In his 31 starts since he's had 61 Passing TDs & only 14 INTs. That's just a ridiculous improvement.

It's most impressive how he's improved his accuracy. His arm talent was never in question. In fact, Mayock and Hassleback stated that Allen had the biggest upside. The Bills swung for the fences and hit a home run. Gotta give Beane and company credit. His strides forward are off the charts. Last year's jump was phenomenal. I'm not sure there has been a bigger QB improvement in the history of the NFL. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I generally like most Allen runs, called or scramble. They all present an opportunity to be demoralizing for the defense.

I'd rather see him scramble because it usually works out better due to the situation. But I don't knock Daboll for calling designed runs. You have to use all weapons at your disposal. It's just another thing for the defense to prepare for. We hear it every week when the opposing coach talks about Allen being a tough load to handle.

I dont have an issue with calling designed runs, its the designed runs that Daboll specifically calls that are terrible and never net us more than 3 or 4 yards while Josh takes big hits and is a fumble risk. It is the RPO or designed run where Josh immediately goes right up the middle before the LB's or anyone has cleared out in coverage.  

I think designed runs are smart and should be part of the game plan because Allen is quite dangerous with his legs...but Allen isn't Lamar or Murray, the best designed runs for Allen are the ones that at least give the illusion of a pass by letting Allen either roll out or first drop back then take off once our receivers have cleared some space underneath.  Allen is an open space threat, he isn't the guy you want to run into the teeth of the defense unless its down and 1 or down and 2 and you want him to sneak it where he has like a 99% conversion rate over his career.  

But for some odd reason, Daboll is calling runs like Allen is a full time RB or FB out there, and given Allens fumbling issues at times, thats a risky call given he is going to take some hits, not to mention adding to injury risk with those up the middle draws.  

So I don't disagree with you about using his talents like his legs as an additional weapon, I just disagree with Daboll on the specific run plays he keeps calling up the middle that never gain us much and force Allen to take a bunch of unnecessary hits.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Success said:

Remember the days when we could go months without even seeing a 300 yard passing game?

Good times.

And I believe the Bills are undefeated when Allen tops 300 yards which is an amazing and unusual stat. A lot of losing QB's get 300 yards.  That we've won every game he does this is interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Call me crazy but Allen did what he had to week 1 and 2.  Imo year 1 and 2 Allen, who he was compared to, wouldnt have handled those games as well as he did.  He didnt force the ball down the field recklessly.  He managed the games.  Brady made a career of it.  Against Pitts the difference was a blocked punt.  

What I’ve been saying even in a “bad” game the score was essentially tied with Pittsburgh and he accounted for 320 total yards 

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I can't wait for the new hater mantra to become "only 2 good seasons" or "he had those two bad games, therefore sucks".

Don’t think there are that many pure “haters” of Allen left out there (unless they’re diehard fans of other teams of course.) There certainly aren’t that many around here. 

People may have been discussing some bit of regression after the first couple games this year, but I’d hardly count that as hating on the guy.

6 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

But where does he rank in total passing yard

Dude, NG just did all the math on it probably bored on the iPad.  You respond with yeah but what about….

I f you want to know, add to the convo and you do it.  I’m good.  Besides it’s early for any predictions out.

I think after week 6, we’ll have a wide range of opponents and the data would be more robust.  For me, that’s the week to start breaking it down.  I mean after week 2 we were the 2nd best defense.  Now 4th after week 3.  Just too volatile right now.

48 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Dude, NG just did all the math on it probably bored on the iPad.  You respond with yeah but what about….

I f you want to know, add to the convo and you do it.  I’m good.  Besides it’s early for any predictions out.

I think after week 6, we’ll have a wide range of opponents and the data would be more robust.  For me, that’s the week to start breaking it down.  I mean after week 2 we were the 2nd best defense.  Now 4th after week 3.  Just too volatile right now.

wut?

I was just referring to the poster that would update us every week on Josh Allen’s passing yard ranking seems like a good tie in 

6 hours ago, Success said:

Remember the days when we could go months without even seeing a 300 yard passing game?

Good times.

You mean years?

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Don’t think there are that many pure “haters” of Allen left out there (unless they’re diehard fans of other teams of course.) There certainly aren’t that many around here. 

People may have been discussing some bit of regression after the first couple games this year, but I’d hardly count that as hating on the guy.

I was making a veiled jab at Nick Wrong, although the same sentiments are expressed through Twitter trolls and fan forums of other teams.  Yes, yes, the fun police screech to ignore Nick, but I find entertainment in the clear frustration of his cohosts having to mentally process reason/excuse #312 of why Bills vs (bad team) are his upset alert of the week yet again.

3 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

wut?

I was just referring to the poster that would update us every week on Josh Allen’s passing yard ranking seems like a good tie in 

Yeah I was going to comment on maybe updating this thread after each game as the sample size grows.  Include his per game average along with the projected totals.

8 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

After the game on Sunday I was thinking about just how far Josh has come in the last 2 years. I remembered the week 4 loss to the Pats*** in 2019 when he threw 3 picks and how his career numbers were pretty bad up to that point. Following that week 4 loss in 2019, Josh had 13 Passing TDs & 18 INTs in 15 career starts. In his 31 starts since he's had 61 Passing TDs & only 14 INTs. That's just a ridiculous improvement.

And people said he would suck cause he’s never had a 300 yard game...

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Thank you for finding these stats. That’s very impressive.

It also shows that the fans that were clamoring that he only had one good year (2020) were wrong. 31 games is almost equivalent to two great seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

You mean years?

I was making a veiled jab at Nick Wrong, although the same sentiments are expressed through Twitter trolls and fan forums of other teams.  Yes, yes, the fun police screech to ignore Nick, but I find entertainment in the clear frustration of his cohosts having to mentally process reason/excuse #312 of why Bills vs (bad team) are his upset alert of the week yet again.

Hey that’s all good - much of what Wright says is just theatrics anyways and if you get some entertainment value out of him and his cohosts then by all means enjoy.

And the chatter will continue on and on 

depending on the results of the next 3 weeks 

If the Bills offense scores less than 30 points 😮 

I can see it now 

Whats wrong with Josh 

This guy sucks

That guy sucks 

Fire the coaches 

KC and Tenny won’t be cake walks 

but then again they might ;) 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

And the chatter will continue on and on 

depending on the results of the next 3 weeks 

If the Bills offense scores less than 30 points 😮 

I can see it now 

Whats wrong with Josh 

This guy sucks

That guy sucks 

Fire the coaches 

KC and Tenny won’t be cake walks 

but then again they might ;) 

Tenn has a relatively weak defense. We should be able to put up a ton of points on them