Schedule makers did us no favors

4merper4mer

8 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

After playing Tenn, KC and TB on the road ... what will the Bills record be for those three games?  I would be super thrilled if we win 2 of 3.

I would rather go 1-2 beating just the Chiefs than go 2-1 beating Bucs and the Titans. This team needs to get over that hump. I feel it is inevitable that we will need to beat them in January to take the next step.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let me break it in two:

1. Based on previous schedules, Washington would not have been a team we played.  They were the extra game.

2. We already played them.

So we’ve already played our extra game.

True.  We've also had to play an extra game against the NFC.  This means 1 less chance to win and AFC game.  Which will hurt our tie-breakers as of today. 

Was thinking about this and how this has to be the golden years for the Bills.  Consider the "gauntlet of rookie and first year/young QBs they face"

1. Big Ben ...  Last legs

2. Tua .. Fragile ribs

3. Heinicke .. Journeyman

4. Mills .. 2nd string 

5. Mahommes .. throwing Sept picks

6. Tannenhill .. Got Julio, but AJ is now dinged.

7. Tua .. 

8. Lawrence .. Welcome to the NFL rookie

9. Wilson .. J-E-S-T-S

10. Wentz .. Hobbling on two bad wheels

11. Winston .. The pick machine

12. Jones .. Mac and Geez

13. Brady .. Father Time

14. Darnold .. Remaking his career

15. Jones .. 

16. Ryan .. Old and no Julio

17. Wilson

21 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m probably making more out of this than need be, but something has struck me as off since the schedule came out.  Two of our tougher games, KC and Tenn; games which could have an impact on seeding, are coming up.  Forgetting the fact that they are back to back….again…..they also come after games which put us at a schedule disadvantage.

1. We play Wash coming off a mini-bye

2. We play Hou coming off a mini-bye

Granted these teams aren’t great but still.

3. And most importantly, the NFL added an extra game to the schedule this year.  It involved an inter-conference opponent that was not in the previous formula.  Ours is Wash.  So not only do we head into KC/Tenn after playing two teams off byes, but we’ve already played our extra game.  I’m glad this is week 5/6 rather than say 11/12 but by then maybe KC and Tenn would have played an extra game too.  

This seems unfair.

You cant be serious

17 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Roy, as I live and breathe and if memory serves me correctly (even if it doesn't, so what, it's still good for this thread) I believe 3 times in 4 years we led the league in playing the most number of games after opponents' byes.  

I recall something similar to that and no I am not a conspiracy theorist but there was no love lost for Ralph and/or the organization was so inept they never had the balls to complain or realize it .The run versus the Pats was ridiculous, it was something like 7 out of 10 years running we got the Pats after the Bye week and what a shockers, when did that end?  With the Pegulas.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:27 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Let me break it in two:

1. Based on previous schedules, Washington would not have been a team we played.  They were the extra game.

2. We already played them.

So we’ve already played our extra game.

This is hilarious.

I think what you mean, is we played our extra scheduled (non conf) team. We've all played the same # of games.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I’m probably making more out of this than need be, but something has struck me as off since the schedule came out.  Two of our tougher games, KC and Tenn; games which could have an impact on seeding, are coming up.  Forgetting the fact that they are back to back….again…..they also come after games which put us at a schedule disadvantage.

3. And most importantly, the NFL added an extra game to the schedule this year.  It involved an inter-conference opponent that was not in the previous formula.  Ours is Wash.  So not only do we head into KC/Tenn after playing two teams off byes, but we’ve already played our extra game.  I’m glad this is week 5/6 rather than say 11/12 but by then maybe KC and Tenn would have played an extra game too.  

This seems unfair.

WTF

our “extra game” was scheduled earlier….huh

we get NE at home after a mini bye

KC and TEN play an extra game?

you forgot about the early bye

This seems unfair.

Animated GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:13 PM, HappyDays said:

I would rather go 1-2 beating just the Chiefs than go 2-1 beating Bucs and the Titans. This team needs to get over that hump. I feel it is inevitable that we will need to beat them in January to take the next step.

But 2-1 is better than 1-2 so this might be the worst post I’ve seen today.

This seems unfair.

Um no, that won't come until week 18 when we play our 17th game that we normally wouldn't be playing

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Um no, that won't come until week 18 when we play our 17th game that we normally wouldn't be playing

Incorrect.  Washington was our extra game.  We play the Jets at the end.  You can’t be saying they are the extra game.  We play them twice every year.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:54 AM, 4merper4mer said:

The schedule overall is formulaic.  The “when” is not.  We’ve played our extra game and KC has not.

Why does it matter when that game is? What difference does it make if both teams have played, and will play, the exact same number of games? Why would it be different if we had played a different team last week?

Edited by CLTbills

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Why does it matter when that game is? What difference does it make if both teams have played, and will play, the exact same number of games? Why would it be different if we had played a different team last week?

Based on the previous formula we would not have played Washington at all.  It was an extra game.

• Like (+1) 1