Does Anyone watch ESPN morning shows anymore?

sistersarah

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Not really.  ESPN has gone way downhill.  Not even a shell of itself anymore so much as being a completely different brand than it was when I was growing up.  The only good thing associated with ESPN are the 30 for 30s.  

It's amazing for a network that has gone so far downhill.....that they can produce some of the best documentaries with the 30 for 30s.  They are the one amazing constant on a network that sucks, other than live sporting events.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sistersarah said:

I was a big watcher of first "Mike & Mike" then later with "Golic & Wingo", Enjoyed the shows very much but when they let Golic go, promoted Greenburg, and changed hosts the network lost me. I was wondering if anyone watches and have you seen how the ratings are. I can't believe for the life of me how Greenburg  has a prominent role on the network.

Also what pregame show do most people watch? Can't stomach Rex, I mainly watch CBS NFL Today.

Thanks!

I haven't watched sports shows of that type in years.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The only espn talk shows I watch nowadays are bills related clips from YouTube.  

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

same and even then at times I can only stomach watching a little of it

And a lot of the time the YouTube clips aren't even related to the Bills but have a title like "this person AMAZED by bills performance"

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And a lot of the time the YouTube clips aren't even related to the Bills but have a title like "this person AMAZED by bills performance"

You learn which sites not to click on after awhile 

Edited by NewEra

Similar to MTV which no longer plays music, espn got away from what they were great at .. sports and fun highlight shows. Now it about shock statements which are quickly forgotten when they don't come through and harped on as if they were Nostradamus if they happen to get one correct. they go for the low hanging click-bait (the Bills were a one hit wonder .. the Bills are amazing; Lamar jackson is the second coming / Lamar Jackson will never be a QB). They hit both sides so everyone can be shocked and upset at something. Then fans click to see the person admit their mistake and they double down getting even more clicks. They do not have to be right (certainly not Wright) .. they just have to be outlandish.

Oh and they need to tell me how to think and live .. otherwise it is great.

My advise watch the sporting events and skip all of their talk shows.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nope. Greenberg is too much of a Jets homer.

NODODY should be a Jets homer.

I saw a few clips of Greenberg here at TBD during pre-season going on and on  about how great Zach Wilson was playing and he was  to be the best rookie QB and how spectacular he was, blah blah blah.  I wonder what he is saying now that blowhard.

Haven't watched an ESPN show since they canned Sports Reporters, the last show that had any intelligent discussion about sports.  

ESPN programming is stale and the on-air personalities are neither likable nor all that talented.  It is the Sears of cable TV, doomed to end sooner rather than later in a cost cutting move.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't like any ESPN shows. The constant shouting in the hope that it's what viewers want just doesn't do it for me. The worst is Stephen A Smith. Now there's a guy whose popularity I'll never understand. Clearly doesn't watch the games and just screams as loud as he can about nothing in particular.

• Like (+1) 2

Nope.  NFL or MLB network depending on where we are in the seasons.  ESPN morning schedule is unwatchable.  I miss the days where they just repeated the 2am SportsCenter all morning long...you know, when SportsCenter was mostly made up of highlights, not opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

Four pages and I’m the first to admit I watch an ESPN morning show (occasionally). I watch Get Up during football season sometimes. I really like Dan Orlosky and Ryan Clark, who frequent the show. This segment on the Bears coaching was spot on and Clark was funny. I even laughed at Rex’s comments.

On the Jets last week, Greenberg was funny saying, “I can’t believe I’m saying these 5 words, ‘I miss Adam Gase!’”

Yes, he’s a total Jets homer but he’s very open about it.

Edited by BisonMan
  • Thank you (+1) 1