Star Lotulelei this season

DBilz2500

On 9/27/2021 at 11:21 PM, DBilz2500 said:

Is it just me or does Star seem to be more active, more noticeable and even a little faster this season? I know his numbers don’t jump off the page, they never will, but I just feel like he’s making more of an impact compared to past seasons. Thoughts? 

It's not just you.

Question: what the hell were all you naysayers watching the past couple of seasons he played in?!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:51 AM, DBilz2500 said:

Is it just me or does Star seem to be more active, more noticeable and even a little faster this season? I know his numbers don’t jump off the page, they never will, but I just feel like he’s making more of an impact compared to past seasons. Thoughts? 

Last year we missed him very much in the games against the Titans and the Chiefs.   I hope he can be the big difference next two weeks.   Go Bills.

The Bills need to play a 100% perfect game to come away with victories at Kansas City and Nashville and Star along with Oliver have to play lights out to stop the Cheifs and Titans offense

Oh god….now we get to hear how he’s been doing this all along but only a few select posters are football educated enough to notice.  

no.  He had a great game today. One of his best games. He’s having a great year.  He most certainly doesn’t play this well every game.  

• Like (+1) 2

Most people, myself included have assumed due to his contract, Star would be back this season, but in the next off season can dump him as cap hit is not too bad.  But after seeing the difference this year in the line play and no apparent replacement on the roster, I wonder if they will keep him another season and maybe draft a true replacement for him.

They could sign a top FA replacement, but then you'd be paying the FA plus the cap hit for Star so keeping him might be better.  The only exception could be if Harry really stepped up and shows he can replace him with little loss.  But if not may be best to keep him  around and draft a replacement in 2nd or 3rd round.

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh god….now we get to hear how he’s been doing this all along but only a few select posters are football educated enough to notice.  

no.  He had a great game today. One of his best games. He’s having a great year.  He most certainly doesn’t play this well every game.  

The people who defend Star don't argue he's great.  They just argue he isn't worthless like several posters on here will say.

Of course he doesn't play this well every game, he isn't a superstar and dominant DT.  He's a solid 1 tech.

He’s an interesting player. He seems very quiet, and it’s gotta be odd for him considering he sat out an entire season away from these guys while they knocked on the door of the Super Bowl. I’m really happy to see the Bills defense off to a fast start as I think it’ll only help to accelerate his recommitment to the effort. 

The new and improved Star is playing very well.    The days of slow dancing.....even with single blocks.....at the LOS appear to be in the past.   It was quite obvious last year that the Bills wanted to get away from that "nose tackle" type 2 gapper at DT1T..........they never made any attempt to get another after Star opted out and he's back and in penetrating shape and playing aggressive and earning his pay (cut) finally.    On pace to blow away his career highs for sacks and pressures and tackles.   "In theory" tying up blockers keeps your LB clean,   but in reality it's a passing league and your DL is more useful if they are making plays.    

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The people who defend Star don't argue he's great.  They just argue he isn't worthless like several posters on here will say.

Of course he doesn't play this well every game, he isn't a superstar and dominant DT.  He's a solid 1 tech.

He also has more experienced players surrounding him than he did two seasons ago.  Even though many here also claim they all suck too! LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.