Star Lotulelei this season

DBilz2500

48 minutes ago, Stranded in Boston said:

Aw, did you have to bring up Ray Sheppard? It only took me 30 years to forget that one ... 😫

please, Stranded, you make it sound unreasonable that after 60 goals and 48 assists in his first two seasons it was completely logical to Sabres brain trust to dump him after 6 points in 18 games in year 3.

only to then see him average about 34 goals a year for the next 6 seasons.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

21 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

2019 D with star good. 

2020 D without star not so good

2021 D with star good. 

Thats all I need to know. 

I'm sure there's a lot of other factors but yeah, that's exactly how it looks to me

On that play he chased Heineke out of bounds he looked positively quick.  There's some value in a guy who can both clog the middle and also chase an athletic QB out of bounds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Is it just me or does Star seem to be more active, more noticeable and even a little faster this season? I know his numbers don’t jump off the page, they never will, but I just feel like he’s making more of an impact compared to past seasons. Thoughts? 

I agree on him looking better.  It might be the talent around him on the DL being more improved too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Is it just me or does Star seem to be more active, more noticeable and even a little faster this season? I know his numbers don’t jump off the page, they never will, but I just feel like he’s making more of an impact compared to past seasons. Thoughts? 

He's making an impact on run defense and absolutely looks quicker. Maybe Beane knew something when he didn't pull the trigger on bringing in a FA tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

He makes a big difference in how they can rotate on the DL. As he doesn’t have a true backup 

• Like (+1) 1

Well if one ignores the “he sucks” poster, one finds that he does his job, but “those” poster who feel he should be getting lots sacks every season will always b itch about him and their other favs on the team, those are the more comical posters, they are alway right  no matter what, just ask them. After a year out, getting himself fully healthy and rested, he is performing as expected. 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

2019 D with star good. 

2020 D without star not so good

2021 D with star good. 

Thats all I need to know. 

2020 our best linebacker missed a ton of time and we had to play Oliver at 1T a huge chunk bc no one else was competent. 

Star isn’t playing bad this year, but he gone next year no matter what.

Star has always been a very good part of our defense.  Stat sheet analysis disagree because they have no idea of what his role or actual value to this defense is.  But every single player in that front 7 and our coaches absolutely appreciate and treasure Star's value to the team up front.  

The people who spent all this time whining about him and wanting him "gone" are just puzzling to me.  Its like they ignore everything the coaching staff and players say about him that makes our defense better and just see if he got any sacks or something.  

TBH...the Edmunds thread is starting to remind me a LOT of the Star complaining too.  Its like they finally paid attention to Star the last 2 weeks and realized they cant pick on him anymore and decided the new whipping boy is going to be Edmunds and his imaginary contract that isn't happening yet until 2023.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Looks healthy and his space eating makes the entire D better. He is getting off the ball quick too.

17 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I still think he's an overpaid JAG but I've never thought he was terrible or a detriment to have on the field. My opinion hasn't changed. 

We might need to pump the brakes on the DEF a little bit. We have yet to play a good, or even average, offense. 

Yup.  $32M for 3 seasons of JAG level play.  That is rough.  I wouldn’t care if he was making $2M-$3M a season, but he’s getting paid to make a difference (in a good way) and he’s a long way from that.  He has $2M of his 2022 salary guaranteed so he will probably be on the team next season too.  At least it’s only $6.5M in new money so he will be less overpaid. 

52 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Looks healthy and his space eating makes the entire D better. He is getting off the ball quick too.

I am a Star detractor.  for the past season and a half.

But this year, when I look at him rushing, Not only is he getting push every time, but it seems like if he's 1-v-1 he tries to lean toward another O-lineman to actually invite the double-team.  Which I love love love.

Star is scoring points with me at a fast rate.

Star has definitely made a positive impact on the defense. He was missed in 2020 for sure. He also looks to be making more disruptive plays than he did in 2019 being leaner and faster. He is a component of the teams defensive improvement. Glad that he is back and performing well. He definitely plays a valuable role on the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.